“It's just ok”
Review of Days Inn Dubuque

Days Inn Dubuque
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Oconomowoc
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Friendliest check in staff and owners. I have hip problems and their beds are the best. Breakfast waffles are a welcome treat along with their other items. Stayed at this hotel many many times this summer and are going back three more times in August. Reasonable rates and close to the casinos.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Gary Z
Ron C, Manager at Days Inn Dubuque, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Thank you Sandy & Gary! We strive to be friendly and efficient during our check in/check out process. I am glad to know our staff was doing their job :) We appreciate your continued business.
Iowa
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have family in Dubuque and visit 8-10 times a year. While Days Inn is not my first choice, rooms in Dubuque (especially weekends) go fast, but i can generally find a room here on short notice. The price is very resonable and rooms are always clean and comfortable. Wifi is available and works well and rooms are equipped with microwave and refrigerator. Nice outdoor pool area near the bar is a nice place to relax during summertime (unless the fish flies are out. then taks cover!!!)

It is an older facility and can be noisy. I always request a room on the "bluff side" which doesn't get the highway sounds, but you can clearly hear people walking by and the tvs in other rooms.
Heating/AC units help with this somewhat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
So glad to hear you had a good stay! The Days Inn could be your first choice next time, now knowing the rooms are reasonably priced and always clean and comfortable. Although we are an older facility, we offer many (sometimes more) ammenities than the other newer hotels in town and are conveniently located in Dubuque without the high price. We hope you stay with us again!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I love the electric palm trees at the entrance. Gives such a classy feel to this rather old, but well maintained hotel. Very conveniently located and reasonably priced, this hotel is a hidden gem. Much more upscale than the other chain hotels available in the area. My room was very chilly, good A/C, clean and well maintained, with a new TV and even a small refrigerator.

My one big complaint was the bar and lounge. Both bartenders on the nights I stayed wished to close early. Both allowed patrons to buy to go drinks to take back to their rooms, but on my second night, the young girl had 20 or so hotel guests in the lounge and insisted on closing up early, saying she just did not want to be there. This place could be a gold mine if run correctly, as the venue just beckons for the passerby to stop and check it out. This is an easy fix by the hotel, fire the entire bar staff and get a decent bar manager to promote and run the place.

Room Tip: Do not beware the smoking rooms! Mine was on the first floor and really did not smell bad, nor look...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! The palm trees give off a nice ambiance at night in our courtyard area as well as help find our entrance if you are new to the area. I am sorry for your experience in the lounge. We typically close at midnight during the week, but we leave it to the discretion of the bartender to stay open later. I agree 100%, if there are 15-20 people still drinking, it is worth staying open. Please know this has been addressed with all of our bar staff. Thank you again, we look forward to your next stay.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Brown water came out of the shower. I think that's all that needs to be said, but I'll hit on other areas. The room was run down (the kind you keep you shoes or socks on in at all times). The railing outside is under construction so plywood was reinforcing it, which didn't appear very safe. It was very loud at night. I woke up several times and I'm typically not a light sleeper. I heard people talking outside at 2am, someone coughing in the room next door (so loud my friend thought it was me coughing), a phone ring next door and then birds chirping at 6am.

There were some pros - it was cheap, had a good location to get to downtown Dubuque and free breakfast. There's also a shuttle to the casino (we didn't use, but would be convenient).

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emily M
I hope you reported the brown water to our manager or front desk staff on duty. I have never heard of this happening, however we would have taken care of this immediately. The railing construction is now complete and modernly updated. The railing was only under construction for approx. 1.5 month and we did not use the rooms in that area during that time. I am glad our motel was affordable and conveniently located for your travels. Thank you for staying.