All reviews choice hotels waffles room was clean biscuits and gravy wear and tear desk clerk ice machine queen bed would stay here again looked nice pillows cereal signal microwave inns businesses dbq
Reviewed August 23, 2018

This hotel was decent. The price was lower than most. The rooms are a little outdated and the sprinklers had rust on them. however, the beds were clean and the breakfast was good. It was an easy to drive to many area attractions.

My parents and brother's family both had issues with the air conditioners. One didn't work and the other had a fault fan that didn't always blow cool air.

Room tip: They have suites with a King and Queen bed in it. We loved that! King for us and Queen for the kids.
Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We had a Suite, so lots of room. Desk w chair plus a table w 2 chairs gave us room to each work in our computers. A bit of an odd layout - the living room chair & ottoman are in the corner between the desk & wall. Have to move the chair into the middle of the room to watch TV.
Room was clean. (Checked the linens based on previous reviews.)
Rooms are not sound-proofed, so hear every step made by the person upstairs - especially each time they walked across the big squeak in their floor.
We were on the second floor (of 3) and our ceiling had significant water damage. Can only surmise there had been a flood in the room upstairs. It would be nice if the hotel staff sprayed all those spots with bleach. Just tried to not look at the ceiling.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Just a short distance from shopping and restaurants on a main highway. We had a suite which suited us just fine with our 7 year old grandson. The room was clean and comfortable and the fridge a good size. We had driven from Madison WI for a quick weekend in Dubuque in order to see the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium. The hotel is not fancy and doesn't try to be. The indoor pool was clean and fun to splash around in. The hot breakfast was adequate and certainly beat trying to find a restaurant before touring. We were also able to park right out in front of the main door.

Room tip: The suite is much nicer than a double bed room and not expensive.
Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018

Ended up staying there again in May due to family situation in the area. It appears none of the repairs I pointed out in my review back in December had been fixed. This hotel is also managed by the same people as the Quality Inn in East Dubuque, which as of today, I would strongly suggest not spending your hard earned dollars to stay at either one of these. Bed sheets all had stains on them.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Please I am begging do not waste your money. While checking in the lady so not know much english. I called before I made the reservation and ask if they had a working pool and was told yes. I called 2 days before and asked the same question knowing things change and was told yes. I checked in and in her best english told me the pool was down. She explained the department of public health shut it down. I had a non refundable room because I booked on line. I proceeded with the check I keeping in mind everything happens for a reason. When I got to the room 313 the air was blowing out hot with no way to change it. I called the front desk and she put us in room 309. I smelled something rotten but thought hey maybe I was just angry. When my husband started putting the pop in the mini fridge he seen something on the side. It was a Tupperware bowl of rotten food and 2 cobs of corn. I had him put in a bag and take it to the front desk. We had a half of roll of toilet paper and was told we had to wait til morning for more. The breakfast had Walmart brands on milk and sausage and bread was disgustingly old. Needless to say I will be showing all my pictures to the department of health as well. Yes I took pictures of EVERYTHING.

Date of stay: June 2018