All reviews choice hotels waffles room was clean biscuits and gravy wear and tear desk clerk ice machine queen bed would stay here again looked nice pillows cereal signal microwave inns businesses dbq
Reviewed June 26, 2018

Ended up staying there again in May due to family situation in the area. It appears none of the repairs I pointed out in my review back in December had been fixed. This hotel is also managed by the same people as the Quality Inn in East Dubuque, which as of today, I would strongly suggest not spending your hard earned dollars to stay at either one of these. Bed sheets all had stains on them.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Please I am begging do not waste your money. While checking in the lady so not know much english. I called before I made the reservation and ask if they had a working pool and was told yes. I called 2 days before and asked the same question knowing things change and was told yes. I checked in and in her best english told me the pool was down. She explained the department of public health shut it down. I had a non refundable room because I booked on line. I proceeded with the check I keeping in mind everything happens for a reason. When I got to the room 313 the air was blowing out hot with no way to change it. I called the front desk and she put us in room 309. I smelled something rotten but thought hey maybe I was just angry. When my husband started putting the pop in the mini fridge he seen something on the side. It was a Tupperware bowl of rotten food and 2 cobs of corn. I had him put in a bag and take it to the front desk. We had a half of roll of toilet paper and was told we had to wait til morning for more. The breakfast had Walmart brands on milk and sausage and bread was disgustingly old. Needless to say I will be showing all my pictures to the department of health as well. Yes I took pictures of EVERYTHING.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Maria W
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

Stained chair, peeling wall paper, emergency lock apparently ripped from door, overly worn towels, disgusting light switches, torn and stained carpet. Questionable pool cleanliness. Not even sure it’s safe to be here. Gross.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank FLRhino
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Visited and stayed 3 nights during the memorial day weekend. Door handle of room was falling off, drawers we gone from nightstand, pool was cold and had a film in it, pool towels were missing, breakfast was worse then a normal free motel breakfast. Asked for extra towels the first night and when the room was cleaned they did not replace the same number of towels so had to get extra towels each day. It is a convenient location but other then that not worth another stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank familytravel214
Reviewed May 15, 2018

Will start with the good:
The room was clean, did not see any bugs, ect.
Beds were comfortable.
The breakfast was good, some hotels will not have a meat item for breakfast, they did have sausage links, but other than that very standard.

Now the Bad:
Our room flooded on night one. I understand sometimes things happen that are not usual. What happened is I guess the toilet in the room next to us overflowed and half of our room was flooded. A lot of our clothes were wet, and my wife was forced to wear jean shorts and flip flops to a graduation, instead of the outfit she purchased just for this occasion. After staying for a total of 2 nights (They did give us a new room) I conclude that this happened due to poor plumbing, not just a freak accident. I get the impression this happens frequently. The toilets in both rooms I was in, never stop cycling water. Sometimes it is heavy and it sounds like you left the faucet on and that will not stop unless you jiggle the lever. When it is not heavy, it is still cycling water. I cant imagine what their utility bills are like here. So if the toilet is cycling water, but something happens and the toilet stops sucking in water to maintain the same level of water guess what, It floods! I bet this happens often.

Also, the tile in the bathroom was loose. Whoever grouted that should be fired and never allowed to do tile work again.

The hot tub jets did not work. This was one of the things that I was looking forward to. They have a sign saying they do not work and they make it look as if it is a problem they are addressing, but I bet if I came back next year everything would be the same.

In short, the actual room you stay in is fine if it does not flood. Keep your suitcase off of the floor in case it does.

• Trip type: Traveled with family