“Good Mexican food - nice value”
Review of Los Aztecas

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Los Aztecas
Ranked #32 of 211 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Had dinner at Los Aztecas 2/14/09 - busy night, but didn't have to wait long (<10 mins). The food was good, beer and Margharita cold - overall a good value for the family.

Reviewed January 3, 2009

The food has always been excellent every time I have been there. My favorite is the cheese you can order on the side. My favorites are their chimichangas and their steak fajita nachos. The nachos are to be shared as they are way too much for one person. They also have excellent margaritas. The service has always been prompt and you never have to wait to be seated which is always a nice change.

Reviewed December 8, 2008

We frequent Los Aztecas quite a bit and always enjoy the food and the service is usually pretty good as well.

Reviewed August 21, 2008

When I moved to Dubuque from the Chicago area many, many years ago I was frustrated that the only place in town to eat Mexican was Carlos O'Kelly's and Chi Chi's. I missed authentic Mexican food. Then Los Aztecas opened and I tried it right away...but I wasn't blown away. The food was just average. Through the years we have tried them but still aren't impressed. We actually prefer the Galena, Illinois location. For some reason the salsa in Galena is different then in Dubuque (and much better).
The two other Mexican restaurants in Dubuque are much better.

Reviewed June 8, 2008

This was a great place! The food was great, and the salsa was excellent. Even though they called it "hot", it wasn't hot to me. I preferred that salsa over the plain mild salsa that looked like ketchup, but the kids loved it. Great chips too.

Overall a great experience, and a cheap lunch too!

On the radio, the commercial says that they've been voted best Mexican restaurant in the tri-state area for 5 years in a row.

__