“excellent food”

Add it.
Los Aztecas
Ranked #29 of 211 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 3, 2013

it was next to the hotel and the desk clerk at super 8 recommend this restaurant. Good food at a reasonable price. I had the steak burrito and it was made just right, not too spicy. i recommend this restaurant if you are passing by dubuque.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by Los Aztecas. The fajita quesedilla was amazing. The meat and vegetables were very flavorful and it was wrapped in a homemade tortilla. The salsa was ok, a bity too much onion flavor. I also thought the margarita was just ok - too sweet. The staff is very friendly and the prices are great. All in all, it's not your run of the mill Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great place for lunch. In and out. Will make any dish vegetarian. They make their tortilla chips in house fresh. The salsa is fresh and delicious. The margaritas are strong. No shortage on the alcohol. We always get a 8 oz blended margarita with lunch.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Los as the Dubuque crowd calls it is our favorite spot in Dubuque, IA. You will find me there with my wife and/or some family and friends nearly every Friday night. The house margaritas are excellent and compare to any I have had. The prices cannot be beat. A 27 oz. goes for less than 9 bucks. My wife and I have discovered the ala carte menu and often order a small portion from there and a margarita. The Carnitas are excellent. We prefer the original location on Dodge Street but frequent the location on the West end as well. They offer a great special near Christmas with 20% of gift certificates.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'm not a fan of Mexican food, but I went with friends and had a GINORMOUS quesadilla. Seriously, it was bigger than my head. The price was great for a huge pile of food! It was very good as well!