“Very nice hotel.. Good breakfast buffet”

Best Western Plus Dubuque Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here. Our room was very clean and a good size ! Some of the hallways did have a smokey smell to them. Pool area was really nice. The Hot breakfast buffet was really good. It's about a 5 minute drive to the Mississippi river museum and other Port attractions. There are also several restaurants close by. If you are staying in Dubuque, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tina G, Manager at Best Western Plus Dubuque Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for your response regarding your stay at our hotel. It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay with the opportunity to try out the hot breakfast buffet! Also, we have taken note regarding your comment about the smokey smell in the hallways. We have very few smoking rooms left; however, the smoke smell still seems to travel down the hallways. We are trying to find different venting options to help that. Thanks for commenting and we hope we can accommodate you again!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I are on an 8 week trip traveling across the country with our dog. We made a last minute change to our itinerary and booked this BW. It was a very nice hotel. Not right in town. It is a big BW. They charge extra for the dog. The room was modern and very large with a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. It was nice to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your pet too! We hope your travels return you to our area, we'd love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Plus Dubuque while attending a conference at Loras College. The hotel was very nice and I would recommend staying there. The room had all I look for; it was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The room was also spacious and relatively up to date. The hotel was very nice as well, with an interesting domed pool area. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful (just like everyone we met in Dubuque!). Finally, the included breakfast (at the attached restaurant) was a very nice moderate breakfast buffet with great food. The biscuits were the best I have had and I was only disappointed they didn't serve them both days of my stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tina G, Manager at Best Western Plus Dubuque Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our hotel. We love to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stay! We hope your travels return you to our area again and we look forward to accommodating you.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I have stay at the Best Western Dubuque at least four times a year for the past four years. My Daughter attended Loras College in Dubuque and graduated this past Saturday. Every time we stayed our experiences were nothing less than excellent. The rooms were clean, quite and always ready when we arrived. There are two staff members Megan and Desi that are two of the most customer freindly people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I was in the customer service area for almost 35 years and I would have loved to have them on my team. They trurly make your stay the best it can be, and they are luckly to have them. I am sure we will visit Loras in the future and we would not think about staying anywhere else. Hats off to the Best Western Hotel in Dubuque!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you, Steven, for your wondeful comments about our hotel and employees! We appreciate hearing those compliments. We strive to provide a positive experience for all of our guests and are happy to know we succeeded with you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I will be honest -- I don't normally stay in hotels like this voluntarily; only if I have to attend a conference or meeting would I stay in a facility such as this. But I had a free Best Western Rewards night to redeem and the Days Inn (where I had spent a night a few years ago) was booked solid, so I chose to stay here.

This facility passed most of my basic tests. The room was clean and comfortable. My room came with a refrigerator and microwave. There was a lot going on here, with lots of people staying for the Torquefest event and what appeared to be a youth athletic team or two staying, plus some sort of reunion. My room was in a wing away from the indoor pool, which helped cut down on the noise.

Water pressure in the shower was average to below, which is one of my most important criteria. Also, the wi-fi didn't work too well that night, but the desk clerk said that they had someone there working on it and to be patient. The next morning it seemed to work just fine.

The highlight of the stay, however, was the full breakfast buffet that was set up in the adjacent Champp's restaurant. Easily the best hotel breakfast I've ever had.

Honestly, I wouldn't stay here again unless I had a free night or a deeply discounted rate, as my tastes generally run a little less extravagant, but this was a really nice hotel and I'd have no problem recommending it to others who like this sort of place and don't mind paying the rates.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We came to Dubuque to see Bret Michaels at the Mississippi Moon Bar and stayed here for two nights. When we checked in our room, the AC quit working after 5 minutes. We had a pool view room and it was 85 degrees in the atrium area so the AC was important. I called the front desk and the sent up the maintenance man in three minutes. 10 minutes later the repair was completed and 10 minutes afte that the front desk called to verify. Things break, it's how the staff reacts that's important. This was handled perfectly. We enjoyed the wonderful pool and hot tub. We ate at the restaurant and also got food to go for after the show. Pot stickers and chicken satay was wonderful as were the enormous pasta dished we had for dinner. All of the staff were wonderful. Hats off to the manager of this property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tina G, Manager at Best Western Plus Dubuque Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2013