“Very good pizza”
Review of Manna Java World Cafe - CLOSED

Manna Java World Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Manna Java World Cafe's only location is located on the corner of 8th and Locust in downtown Dubuque. The other 2 locations have closed.
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I ate lunch at Manna Java with my Father and Daughter. My Daughter is vegetarian. We agreed on a florentine pizza. The pizza was very good. Fresh mozarella, spinach and a olive oil sauce. Excellent crust. Good service also.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stopped in for breakfast because of reviews on trip advisor.

We ordered and when our food came they had no food for my husband. Somehow the cook made 2 meals instead of 3? The person who brought the food to our table was different than our actual waiter so he looked puzzled when he saw 3 people at our table and only 2 meals.

Finally the waiter came back and said they were making my husbands meal. Needless to say the rest of us were half done by the time my husbands meal came. Not Good!

It would have been nice if they would have offered my husband something to make up for the mix up but that did not happen.

I can't say that anything tasted exceptional but the amount of food was generous and the place is clean.

I was more impressed with the building the restaurant is housed in and its history of a department store.

Walking around the inside of this building is definitely worth the time.

Stop in and view the building and then decide if you want to try the restaurant.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We went here for lunch with family which included 3 little girls. Our meals ranged from breakfast meals to pizza and sandwiches. Everyone was happy with the food and we all agreed that we would come back. They have a bakery also and the Bread is awesome.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I had the blue plate special which could have been amazing, but arrived cold even though it was supposed to be an open-faced panini and the salad had no dressing. I had to hunt down my server to get some. The up side though was the price - only $6!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This restaurant, in the Rosheck (former department store) Building, has a full bakery - croissants, muffins (yummy pumpkin and chocolate chips) - and a full bar. We went there for omelets and hash browns on Sunday morning. Staff cares about your well-being and is attentive.