“Beautiful Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dubuque
Hancock House B and B
Ranked #1 of 8 Dubuque B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This house with its wraparound porch is a perfect place to stay. We stayed in the Mrs. Hancock room and loved its size. Beautiful Victorian antiques that were great to look at but not so hot to sit on. We enjoyed meeting the owners who were very friendly and helpful. I recommend staying here anytime.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WestonMary
Jack_Black_1234, Owner at Hancock House B and B, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Thank you for your review of The Hancock House and taking the time to write a review for us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Regards, Susan

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is a great bed and breakfast with an awesome view, incredibly relaxing to sit on the porch overlooking the town and the river. I had to travel for work and decided to stay here instead of a hotel, I made a great choice. Comfortable bed, great bathroom, awesome view. I stayed in 'Mr. Hancock's' room. Chuck and Susan are incredibly wonderful people, Susan accomodated my need to leave early for work so she did a great fruit plate with toast. They recommended places to eat which I went to Timmerman's Supper club on the bluff in Illinois overlooking the river, prepare for large portions!

I would stay here again and hopefully will have time to stick around for breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Roadtripadventures

Thank you for your kind review of The Hancock House and the kind words you had to say about Chuck and I. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we will see you again. Regards, Susan

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This lovely B&B sitting on the bluff overlooking historic Dubuque, the Mississippi river and three different states is a magnificent getaway. It is relaxing and you are treated like royalty by your hosts,Chuck and Susan. The antiques in this home are a once in a life time treasure. We have been to this amazing B & B several times and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: several rooms have hot tubs, but all the rooms are very nice
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review of The Hancock House and for taking the time to write one for us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and glad you would like to come again. Regards, Susan

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was our first stay in Dubuque, and after staying at the Hancock House we look forward to returning! We arrived as guests, but by the time we left we felt like old friends. Chuck and Susan do an incredible job of making you feel at home. They were friendly, attentive, helpful, yet never imposing. Somehow they have created a space where you feel like relaxing and letting your hair down. Over breakfast we had enlivening conversations with the other guests. The house itself is full of interesting features, which Chuck was happy to tell us about. I felt like I had stepped out of time, and into a world where traveling is a joy and an adventure.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the city if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our house and the kind words you had to say about The Hancock House and Chuck and I. We are glad you enjoyed your trip and hope you will return. Regards, Susan

Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was my first experience with a B and B. Susan and Chuck have now made it near impossible for me to go back to a motel when they made my stay so comfortable and welcoming. Very comfy bed, charming home and yummy food. I have my room picked out for my next visit to that area!

Room Tip: If you have a preference for a shower vs a bath make sure to read information fully and or check wit...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your kind review of our home. We appreciate you taking the time and are glad you would like to come back. Regards, Susan

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our anniversary at the Hancock House in Dubuque. We had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast, but after our amazing staying, we will be doing it again. Chuck and Susan were so friendly, I felt I was staying with family. Their bed and breakfast was very clean and quiet. The food was fresh and delicious and the beverage area had everything we needed. I loved relaxing on the front porch looking at the beautiful view. We chose this stay based on a recommendation and now we will be recommending the Hancock House too. Ever couple should stay here at least once.

Room Tip: We stayed in Courland's Room. Though this room does not have a view of the city, it was perfect...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jack_Black_1234, Owner at Hancock House B and B, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind review and taking the time to write a review for us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again. Regards, Susan

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have been coming to HH regularly for years. It is the only place I would take my shoes off and go barefoot in our guest room! We have come to know and adore Chuck and Susan and will be sad when they finally retire.

If you are looking for a place to stay in the Dubuque/Galena area, Hancock House is a must. The rates are reasonable, amenities are outstanding and the view can't be beat! We always look forward to our next visit!! Enjoy!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review and the kind comments you had to say about The Hancock House and Chuck and I. We are glad you enjoyed your stay again. Regards, Susan