“Great value”

Hampton Inn Dubuque
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this Hampton Inn during business travel. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, reasonably priced. Fresh coffee and cookies in the lobby, free breakfast and free wireless internet. Conveniently located to shopping and dining opportunities. Very happy!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank CCAA23
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Dubuque

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My two sisters and a niece stayed in this hotel for 3 days. The beds are comfortable (although the pillows could have been a little fluffier). There was nothing totally bad about this hotel but there isn't anything to say that is totally awesome either. It's a decent place to stay because it was clean, it has lots of exits on different levels to accommodate the different room levels, and it is close to shopping (Target, HyVee, Perkins) right across from the hotel and many other eating places, shopping areas (the Mall), across the street. The parking is good and the people in the hotel are very friendly. One thing I will say is that I made my reservation through Priceline so it was paid for even before we arrived. I specifically asked for a refrigerator when I made the reservation (over month ahead of time). No refrigerator was available even though they acknowledged my request. Also the view outside our room was the roof. I know someone has to stay in these rooms, but it just wasn't very appealing. The day after our first evening there, the maid service didn't come to our room until after 4 pm in the afternoon. At that point we had already made our beds and just asked for fresh towels. They have a good breakfast available that is included with the room price.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have always enjoyed Hampton Inn's and this place did not disappoint. I like that they offer free hot breakfast in the mornings and a pool for our daughter to swim in at night. We like Dubuque and always try to stay at Hampton Inn's during our travels.

1  Thank Michele P
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I recently traveled to Dubuque to visit family. We chose Hampton, and we were very pleased. There was one morning that the breakfast area was so full we could not get in, but there had been a wedding group staying there, so lots of family were visiting, etc. We just left and ate elsewhere. Other than that, it was clean, quiet, good breakfast, great coffee availability. We didn't get to use the hot tub or pool, but they both looked clean and good temp. I would recommend this hotel. It wasn't terribly expensive, either.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Max W
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Hampton Inn. It's nice but seems pretty dated as far as decor goes. The Hampton bed is always great as well as their pillows. Target is right outside. Great if you need supplies. While I was showering I heard two women talking. It was surprisingly loud and clear and made me a little uncomfortable. Before I left the bathroom I turned off the lights and there was light coming from the fan. I looked to see where it was coming from and looked right into the room next doors bathroom. Had to keep the door closed for privacy.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ethidium60607
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hot breakfast at this and all HI's is still par. If they are going to provide a service, then quality needs to be addressed. They need to clean a little better (dust) in many areas. The staff was courteous and made the meet and greet process easy. Great job there.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thank Joseph S. G
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Have stayed in Hampton Inns all over the country and this particular one dozens of times. Has a great staff and all remains consistently top notch. Staff is open and willing to accommodate all kinds of special needs and requests. It seems that there is nothing they would not do for a guest. Great location to all the sites that Dubuque has to offer.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton