“Decent Place”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
San Diego, California
“Decent Place”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Rooms were very nice, lobby was huge and comfy, and the pool area was great. I didn't get a chance to try the breakfast, but you had to pay for it. My bigger issue here was that the Front Desk Staff seemed annoyed when we checked in, and rushed us through check in despite the fact that no one else was waiting. All of our questions, including one about joining the Hilton Rewards program, were met with heavy sighs and resistance. The restaurant, Houlihans, was ok, but seems like it was having some staffing issues as one brand new server had all of the tables. This created a bit of a long wait for dinner. All in all, a good place to stay, but it seemed like the staff were unhappy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to review my hotel. Our location and amenities we offer provide something for everyone! I will revisit our guest service with the front desk and service team, we do strive to provide a guest experience of "WOW" service to create a culture of guest loyalty to our property. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Rockford, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My overall experience was very good but my advise is to skip the breakfast and eat at the casino. I had a muffin, a yogurt, and a cup of coffee and the bill was almost $10. Lesson learned. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to compliment my hotel! We do offer Bed and Breakfast packages that include breakfast at a nominal price. Mystique Casino does serve lunch and dinner, as well as, we do serve lunch and dinner at our Houlihan's restaurant on site at our hotel. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Woodstock IL, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Needs a little more reasonable price for food.. The staff was excellent. The food was very good. Some od the fruit was not fresh and one was tooo fresh and hard. A little more help from the staff would have made the breakfast better for we didn't know what was included in what price range.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! We do have outstanding restaurants on site, including Houlihan's and our Great American Grill, that we do serve cook to order breakfast daily. As far as packages, we do offer a Bed and Breakfast package that includes breakfast for two included with the room at a nominal price. Please inquire for your next stay with us, we would love to have you stay with us again!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It was clean & staff respectful enough but the crazy overpriced breakfast 'thing' & the inability to choose specifics of the room say I wouldn't stay here if it weren't for the casino & restaraunt attached.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to compliment my hotel. We are located right next to Houlihan's and Mystique Casino, all indoor walkways, with several other options for dining. Breakfast is avaiable for a nominal fee in our Bed and Breakfast package, please inquire at the front desk for package availabilty.

Room descriptions are provided online when you select your room type, listing all available options, and you can inquire at time of reservation when you call in as we do have details information for you to help you decide.

Thanks again for your feedback, I look forward to seeing you soon!
Indiana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the beautiful Hilton Garden Inn. The room was clean and comfortable., but over priced. Because the motel is attached to the casino, we purchased the package that included some gaming money and a meal at Houlihans restaurant, which is also attached. I had been warned to ask at check-in about the breakfast. We used Hilton points and we were glad because the breakfast is way over-priced. Although the breakfast is "made to order," there is one price regardless of how much or how little one wants to eat. The desk clerk was not at all friendly and if I had not read on Trip Advisor about the breakfast, I would not have known that Hilton Honors members had any options. Check out all of the promotions and options if you make reservations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank-you for the compliments! I certainly will share with my staff and look forward to seeing you soon!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoy our stays at this property. The property is very clean, the prices are quite fair, and the morning breakfast is very good. It's attached to the casino, so if friends want to go out, they can walk, or you can chill in the room and enjoy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank-you for your complimets regarding your stay at my hotel! The walking trails are incrediable as they follow the river around the Island. Certainly is nice for a bike ride or a short walk! Thanks again and look forward to seeing you soon!
Elmwood, Illinois
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband was there with about 150 other guys in a fishing tournament and so I decided to go, stay alone in my own room, and wander the countryside during the days. I checked in earlier than I thought I should, but they let me. The restuarants I needed were of course close by and I ate breakfast at the hotel itself. I found it to be clean and the staff helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for your compliments of our hotel! We do value your opinion and look forward to seeing you soon! We do have a variety of amenities, something for everyone!