“Nice hotel just overpriced”

Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Dubuque, United States
“Nice hotel just overpriced”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel was average to me clean, nice bed, quiet all good attributes but for a regular room it was way overpriced and didn't even include breakfast. We were meeting friends there otherwise we would have stayed somewhere else comparable for 40% less

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to compliment my hotel! On you next visit, please inquire about our Bed and Breakfast packages that include two breakfasts included in your rate! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We loved this trip which was a good get a way for us. Short drive and loved that we never had to leave the building for dog races, casino, food, & very friendly staff! Thank you for a nice time away! Arnold, MO

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your compliments! We do have an outstanding property with something for everyone! I also will share your compliemts with my staff and we hope to see you soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A very nice place to stay. We especially enjoyed that it was so conveniently connected to Houllihan's, the Dubuque Dog Track , and the Mystique Casino. We enjoyed using the pool and the staff at the hotel were very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thanks for your compliments regarding our property and amenties! We do certainly have excellent restaurants, gaming and outdoor walking trails for your enjoyment. I will share your comments with my staff, we look forward to seeing you soon!
Kenosha, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very nice hotel. We had a very rested time there. We rode our Harleys and were a little tired and the hotel was very quiet and the guests were all very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We also liked the fact that Houlihans was attached to the hotel. Very convenient. Only negative thing would be there was no free continental breakfast included with the room. That was extra.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank-you for taking the time to compliment our property! I will share your compliments with our staff, we certainly look forward to seeing you soon.
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel isn't new but it sure feels like it. Very clean, fresh, comfortable and the staff is fabulous. There is a nice courtyard with table for those who smoke and the best part is, it's connect to the Mystique casino! The only issue I have is the price of the breakfast. $17 with tip is pricey for breakfast unless you eat everything available. There should be less expensive options.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KenHaugen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank-you for the compliments of our hotel! We do have an outstanding property, with amenities for everyone! Gaming, restaurants and just simply to relax. I will share your compliments with my staff and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Madison, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Dubuque Hilton Garden Inn twice and each time I have enjoyed my stay. It is a safe, secure and clean place to stay. It is close to where I need to go and is easily accessable. I would recommend that hotel as a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank-you for the compliments regarding our property! I certainly will share with my team, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had stopped going to Garden Inn's because of a bad experience. However, this one changed my mind and I will once again be stopping at Garden Inns. The staff, extremely helpful, the check-in and out , a breeze. The property itself , clean, nice, very comfortable. The property is part of a complex contected to a Dog track and casino. The dog track was fun, the casino smoke filled and lousy. But for a great stay in Dubuque I would highly recommend this location and property. I certainly will return.

Room Tip: we were located on the first floor and could listen to the dogs racing by w=if we wished.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
KenHaugen1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dubuque Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for the compliments regarding our property! I will certainly share with my staff! We do offer excellent amenities, casino, dog track, walking trails, restaurants, pool and patio. We look forward to seeing you soon!