“scrap iron”

Ranked #12 of 74 things to do in Dubuque
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed May 7, 2017

Just some scrap iron next to the nice walking path by the river. Calling it art is very iffy. Do the river walk and take a look for free.

1  Thank loren h
All reviews
"shot tower"
in 7 reviews
"hanging baskets"
"great walk"
"cool building"
in 2 reviews
"national mississippi river museum and aquarium"
"sculptures"
in 4 reviews
"sites"
"riverboat"

Reviewed March 11, 2017

I went to the National River Museum and I happened to park at the Port of Dubuque. I happened onto the River Walk and the Art on the River. It was a sunny, cold day with a strong wind. I walked briskly along the art works. It is a very impressive display. If it had been warmer, I would have spent more time looking at each art object. The art objects are first class works of art. I recommend going on a warm summer day and allowing two hours to view the art.

Reviewed October 13, 2016

The Riverwalk on the Mississippi is nicely done and maintained. There are hanging plants on the light poles and lots of artwork (some a little modern). While we were there, a contractor was painting all the metal fencing/lights. Since it was chilly, we didn't do the whole walk but it is great for just a slow stroll or some serious exercise.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

We walked from the river museum and aquarium to the shot tower (which is where the walk ends).

Very nicely paved (and wide!) path along the river front. There are a few spots with steps leading down right to the water. No swimming or wading, of course. We saw a crane or stork and some ducks.

I didn't think there was much in the way of artwork. I don't know if I just didn't notice it, or if they've removed some of it. I noticed a metal butterfly, and a few other items. I would love to see more art along this walkway!

We saw many others walking, some with dogs, so apparently they are allowed on leash. I did not see anyone on bikes, skates, etc., so I'm guessing they are prohibited on the path.