“Fun place, tasty food”

Ranked #7 of 210 Restaurants in Dubuque
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2014

2nd time for me at the Pepper Sprout and as good as the 1st time. Employees are courteous, efficient and know their customers and the menu. Weekday evening and the place was FUN. A good mixture of ages and laughs galore. Bartender was very helpful in suggesting a beer to my liking. Ate light but the Duck Napolean was outstanding. Great appetizers by the way.
Haven't gotten deep into the menu yet but it is a guarantee. After looking at the meals served and then tasting, it is obvious the kitchen staff love their work and keep serving works of art. Thanks to the Pepper Sprout

1  Thank C H E
There are newer reviews for Pepper Sprout

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had six diners at this lovely restaurant, two weeks ago. Although on Main Street, it was not easy to find; so remember it is close to the Julian Hotel. The waiter was perfect, in every respect! Our food was delicious and presented with artistry. Rhubarb pie was a real treat, as the grand finale. Dubuque is a beautiful and active Iowa river town that nobody should miss visiting. The architecture, four colleges/ universities, and art venues give this town of 65-80k an unexpected charm and excitement that should be explored. Top off the visit with a tremendous meal at Pepper Sprout.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Julien (AWESOME!) and ate here for dinner. It was the Summer Menu and the food was excellent. My wife had the Asian glazed salmon with seasonal vegetables, which were excellent. Unfortunately, they were out of the asparagus, which she really wanted. I had the beef tenderloin, which melted in my mouth, with spinach and cheddar mashed potatoes and the seasonal vegetables. Excellent! The meals came with salad and bread. The bread was tasty, very fresh and warm.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Second trip to the Pepper Sprout, last time was fall. The menu changes seasonally, and my Wife & I both agreed it was better in the fall, ( great use of pumpkin, etc...) The baked brie appetizer seemed different from the fall when we dined last (again- use of in seasonal products?) This trip I had the ribs special, while tasty, it was nothing spectacular. What I like about the PS is it's unique entree choices, I thought it missed the mark for me this time. I'll be back though, still a cool venue (great 70's rock playing ever so softly in the back ground) great wine selections. It's a bit spendy, but worth it if you like to try new things.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very good food. Nice menu selection. Good service. Have been here several times and have never been disappointed. One of the best places to eat in Dubuque.

Been to Pepper Sprout? Share your experiences!