“Pumpkin Dessert Pizza”
Review of Pizza Ranch

Pizza Ranch
Order Online
Ranked #59 of 243 Restaurants in Dubuque
Description: Have a legendary dining experience! Our Dubuque location has the best pizza buffet in town, with fresh, hot options waiting for you. Don't see the pizza you want? Just ask and we'll make it, and bring the first slice to your table. Be sure to savor the Country's Best Chicken®, fresh fixin's, and Cheesy Ranch Stix, too. Located in western Dubuque, we're just minutes from the Soccer Complex and nearby schools and parks on Radford Road. Don't forget to book your after-game event or family get together in our community room that seats 60! Also, check out our Community Impact nights and help local groups fundraise.
Reviewed October 2, 2015

I ordered actually the Blueberry Dessert Pizza because that is our usual; however, the staff recommended the Pumpkin Dessert Pizza. I was wavering as I'd never tried that before (or even heard of it). I ordered my usual; but the staff were kind enough to bring out a piece of the pumpkin dessert pizza to try. It was delicious! Just needed a blop of ice cream and it would have been the icing on the cake so to speak. The pumpkin dessert pizza is only available during the fall, but it is worth trying (complete with ice cream)! The staff at this restaurant are always awesome. I have never had any bad experiences here at all with the staff (commendable for any restaurant). They always seem to communicate effectively with one another and with an awesome attitude. For example, before I had even paid for my order, the staff had already communicated what my order was. I was in/out in less than 10 minutes. Love this Pizza Ranch as it is like none other (and I've tried a few).

Date of visit: October 2015
Write a reviewReviews (38)

Reviewed June 1, 2015

The pizza when delivered isn't too bad but there are better options. The buffet is decent but the buffet pizza certainly takes a hit. They also have some bbq and fried chicken out which gives you some nice options. It certainly isn't a bad buffet, the food just doesn't do too much to impress, and sometimes seems a bit pricey. You can definitely get your fill here though. They will put out a kind of pizza if you request it which is pretty nice and the keep the buffet pretty clean. Just a nice change of pace place to eat at every now and then.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed May 12, 2015

Like any chain, you can have good or bad depending on the spot you stop. This one in Dubuque does a great job! We always have had the buffet here. The chicken is amazing (fried is our favorite, but they usually have it made up a few different ways), probably one of our favorite spots to stop for chicken. The pizza is not bad either. You can pick a type of pizza on ordering your buffet and have them bring it around to you when it is ready. Besides the chicken and pizza, you get a pretty good salad bar with regular salad items and cold salads (potato, coleslaw, cottage cheese, etc.), a soup, potatoes (mashed and wedges), veggies, dessert pizza, and ice cream. The restaurants also has ice cream and dessert pizza. Great place to stop with a family and let everyone pick what they want while not spending a lot of money! The staff were actually "amazing" the last time we were here, but they are always at least "very good." This time, they were walking around asking how our meals were and handing out coupons just randomly. That was a nice surprise. Would recommend!!!

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed December 2, 2014

Their chicken is the best in Dubuque. The salad bar is a bit skimpy and the pizza is no where near my favorite, but I can make a great meal out of a small salad, a few pieces of chicken and some mashed potatoes. Their dessert pizza is quite good, unlike the regular pizza.
Being a buffet, the price is reasonable (around $10 to $11) but that does include a soft drink.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

The only problem with this place is I always eat too much. I enjoy getting to make pizza requests which they bring to the table. The buffet is well stocked. The chicken is perhaps better than the pizza. My daughter loves it and asks to go often.

Been to Pizza Ranch? Share your experiences!