“Great Food”

Cuisines: American
Dubuque, Iowa
“Great Food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant offers great food at very good prices. The atmosphere is very nice. Service is always good. Their take out is always ready to go on time and food again is excellent.

Visited October 2012

Dubuque, Iowa
“horrible management/horrible service/food sucked”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went there with a group of people and came in let the gal know how many and name. she didn't even tell us how long the wait was or even ask since they were busy if we would split up. waited @ bar then seen people walking in & being seated wow I was on fire. Talked to them they said we r wtg on a table big enough. I said u r seating peeps that come right in. Manager came by & I asked him and he responded the same I let him know they should ask if we want to be split and we ahve been wtg a while. he then said u can sit at the bar. Now y would we wanna take up the bar space when the bar wkr's didn't hardly even wait on us. I finally got a place. wtg while they cleaned . things didn't go well the rest of the night. bartender didn't wait on anyone that wanted something we told manager and he said u need to be at the bar and I would yell to get what I wanted. we couldn't get any closer to the bar unless he wanted us to stand on it..there was hardly anyone at the bar and there were 3 bar staff. the wait staff sucked. brought wrong orders/brought food out the opposite it was ordered.didn't ck on us to c that steak was ok, which it wasn't manager walked by once and smirked. He didn't even ck on us to c how the rest of the stuff was going. A few waitress sat at a table and complained about the night while customers were in the place. Another Waitress got out all her money and spread it along a table while guest were there. our waitress went and sat down with the gals while we were wtg for our cks to be taken we wanted out and should have left from the start. Really need to get new management in there to keep up with customer service from bar/wait/hostess staff and someone to keep on the cooking staff to c that orders are sent out right.

• Visited October 2012
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
“Poor Help”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I used to meet my wife for drinks and supper at Applebees at 9 PM on Friday nights after our work week had ended. The 23 year old blonde female bartender was never very excited to see us, even after we had been a regular customer for several months. SheIn fact, one evening I had gotten there at about 10 minutes to nine and she was working at the bar, trying to end her shift and punching the computer screen at the bar cash register apparently trying to "balance" her night. I sat there at the bar for several minutes, and she did nothing to acknowledge my presence. She did not even look up at me or offer to have someone else wait on me. She kept fixated at the cash register, entering countless figures with her fingers. Finally after she had left, her relief bartender came over to me & took my order. At that moment, my Wife arrived to meet me and she sat down and gave him her order. I mentioned to him that I was a little angry that the blond bartender did not acknowledge me & he said that he knew for a fact that she does not talk to people that she does not like. My Wife was very shocked that he said this, as we both thought that his comment was inappropriate (We are both in our 40's).
Like many of our areas restaurants, Applebees employes mostly young people under 25 years of age. I think that restaurant owners and managers should give their young workers lessons on respect. That is one thing that has diminished over the years.. that is the old saying "Respect your elders!".....

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Jeffrey K
Iowa City, Iowa
“so so”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Service was good. Food was average (just like at all Applebee's).

Visited July 2012
1 Thank saritaj14
Dubuque
“Mediocre”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I typically steer clear of the chain restaurants, but I eat out often and sometimes feel obligated to go with the group and stick with someone else's recommendation. I cringe when that happens to be Applebee's. The food is very hit or miss. The same can be said for the service. Obviously the experience here is completely dependent on the wait staff and who is working the kitchen at any given time. My most recent experience was a miss on both ends.

Visited April 2012