“You need to start taking reservations or tell your consumer to go elsewhere”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #94 of 210 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My mothers Birthday was this week! I had called on Saturday knowing that Applebees doesn't take reservations to let them know that we would be there between 3 and 4 pm. Lady that answered said we don't take reservations and I explained I was just calling to give a heads up. Weather was not all that great so the reasturant was not busy at all. W e got there and none of the employees knew anything about a party of 17 coming in. We got there about 3:10 and were not seated til 3:45 than drink order and apps were taken and my Sister in law went up to just tell the sever so she could get it in that we wanted 3 of the sampler platters to save her some time. We sat til 5:30 with no meals. Still apps & drinks. When we finally did get our food and everyones food was cold and steaks were needing to be sent back because of being improperly cooked and cold. My mother ordered a steak and had to send it back to be well done 3 times. All of our food was cold. My parents owned resturants for years. I understand with a party that large it will take some time to get meals done, however when you wait well over an hour for food it should be hot. Most of us had steak & shrimp and all of the meat was cold,veggies were cold,fries felt and tasted soggy. It was my idea to go to Applebees because we go there frequently and usually enjoy the food. I feel like I let my Family down by talking them in to going to Applebees verses Texas Roadhouse house where they wanted to originally go. The most upsetting is we sat there and watched 5 other tables that came in after us get serve eat and leave before we recieved our food. My Nephew (6 years old) was hungry and seen an employee sitting at a table eating as well and asked her where our food was and if she worked there and she said yes I am the manager. That ended the conversation and she kept eating. As I said before, the resturant was pretty well empty other than a few tables when we first got there,I had called the day before to give them warning. Tables could have been set up and ready to go. We all knew there would be a wait with that large of party,however if you wait that long for a meal it should be served hot. Our party alone spent well over $300.00 and should have been taken care of better than that. I would certainly reconsider the next time we have a party over 8 taking my friends and family elsewhere. Very disapointing.

3  Thank Stacy M

Reviewed January 1, 2012

For a chain it's not bad, they are always busy. They do a good job with keeping enough staff.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

good place to stop and grab a appetizer and drink and chat with some friends

Reviewed May 10, 2011

Always friendly staff! Great food! A very popular place to eat in Dubuque,Iowa.

Reviewed December 23, 2010

Right now Applebees is advertising "Come into Applebees and get a $10 bonus card when you spend $50 or more in gift cards." When my mom went into Applebees and got a $50 gift card to give my grandparents for Christmas they didn't give her the $10 bonus card they are advertising and when I talked her into calling the manager she was very rude to her. Applebees in Dubuque, IA obviously needs to work on customer service. My boyfriend and I will be eating elsewhere from now on.

1  Thank Person__Anonymous