“Excellent across the hibachi”

Ichiban Hibachi Steakhouse & Sushi
Ranked #15 of 210 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dubuque, Iowa
“Excellent across the hibachi”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

2nd time here, great to see service, quality and preparation standards maintained since open over a year now. Food cooked in front of you, with a show is entertainment but the food was fantastically refrshing. Our four gad shrimp, fish, chicken and beef...all were pleased. We will be back more often, and this restaurant is going to give the other leaders a run for their top spot.

1 Thank Robert F

“Very good sushi”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Who would expect good sushi in Dubuque, Iowa? Started off with the seaweed salad which was crisp and cold. We had some Tuna and eel sushi which was very good. Moved on to three different rolls which were all very tasty. the fish was fresh and the sauces were very good. The roll menu was extensive and did not feature all common things. I thought the price was fair as well. The service was attentive. Would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“More sashimi than I could eat”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This place is beautiful on the inside and has a hibachi table as well as sushi bar - very generous portions and good selection.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank NMEBEAR
Guttenberg, Iowa, United States
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Neat experience AND great food! Lunch menu was very reasonable with very generous portions and nice people.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Neil H
“Yummy, yummy, yummy”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Great service, good atmosphere (you almost forget it used to be a Country Kitchen) and the sushi and rolls are divine. The hibachi is good, and the hibachi chefs put on a good show, but I go for the rolls and the sashimi. With a cold Sapporo..mmmm. I have been here 3 times this month and think I am developing a serious addiction. This is my current favorite restaurant in Dubuque. I took my cousin from California there. He has lived in San Francisco and LA. He was a bit skeptical of Iowa sushi, but said that it is as good as any he has had in CA, and he eats it a lot. He got me hooked on the seaweed salad. Sounds disgusting but is marvelous. Soup and salad- meh. Their gyoza are good, and I actually like their mustard dipping sauce, though I prefer the soy based sauce. I plan on working my way through their menu. Totally worth the prices.

Visited June 2014