“Awful Service! Average food.”
Review of Courtside

Courtside
Ranked #87 of 222 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Afghani
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Been here twice for going away/retirement parties, and once for a "benefit". Food average. everyone at our table had to search and find the server to pay. Two got their meals, while one person had to wait, and by time they got their food, others were finished eating and his burger was cold when he finally got it. Another one of our friends ordered a salad, minus tomatoes, was told "it don't come with tomatoes." Cool right? Nope, it came chock FULL of them. Mgr was aware, came to table to talk about it, that particular person was in restroom, and the mgr didn't seem a bit concerned, and left before she got back to the table. And to get a drink? if you are going to have such an enormous beautiful bar, have enough staff to man it.

2  Thank MeCalle W

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed across the street from Courtside at the Holiday Inn. Courtside was also the place for our event's after party. When we arrived, I noticed the size of the place. Huge. Tons of tv's for sports. Great for parties. The restaurant had pizza ready for our group, and I thought it was good. The specialty "Taco Pizza" was fantastic though! Ate a lot of that! Next up, I had to try the wings, because I'd heard they were good. I ordered original-hot. If you like your wings HOT--you'll love these. If you like good heat--try medium. They had great flavor--lots of meat, but were too hot for me! Now to the drinks. I went up to the bar-also massive (but w only 2 bartenders?) and asked for a tall vodka cranberry for my wife, and a tall vodka and soda with lime. Well, this is a Saturday night at around 1030, and the bartender tells me he ran outta cranberry juice! HUH?? Ok--so change it to a frozen margarita. So he makes both drinks, and when he brings them over, my TALL'S--were half the size of a plastic solo cup. And worse? They WERE IN A SOLO CUP! Plasic cups for a Margarita, and vodka and soda?? I thought it was lame. If your a beer drinker--no problem. Unless you like Miller Lite draft. They don't carry that. Only Miller Lite bottles. Strange. Anyway--great for sports and large groups. And pizza and wings are good too.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The food was great. This place needs to be on bar rescue! The women bartenders didn't want to be there. The guys were very nice and accommodating. We kept trying to pay cash and they kept wanting us to open a tab because they didn't want to deal with us. I actually witnessed a bartender telling a customer to wait their turn!!! I was flabbergasted. There was one server who had a huge sweater on over her court side shirt and serving belt. You had no idea she even worked there. Burgers and wings are some of the best in Dubuque.

2  Thank Luv2Travel2004Iowa

Been to Courtside? Share your experiences!