“Don't let the neighborhood discourage you. It's worth the trip.”
Review of Copper Kettle

Copper Kettle
Ranked #6 of 213 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I nearly screwed up and didn't go to this restaurant after doing the google map and street view. It looks like an old neighborhood tavern in a seedy part of the city. That's exactly what it is right up until you step inside the front door. The atmosphere is modern amenities in an old neighborhood bar. I can't tell you how glad I am to take a chance on the place. Without tripadvisor recommendations, I probably would have stuck with something in the new downtown area. Food was excellent. Service was outstanding. Crowd was jovial, mixed age and race. Not loud, but not stuffy in a fine dining sense. If I lived in Dubuque my wife and I would make this a monthly trip. Read the newpaper article on the wall that tells the history of the building and surrounding area.

1  Thank indiana b

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Service was unacceptably slow. Food was very good to excellent. Beef dishes were the best of what our group ordered. Hamburger was well done but juicy. I would highly recommend steak bites. They were quite tasty and "melt in your mouth" tender. Caesar salad was delicious, but had peppers and onion which is not standard fare. I enjoyed it, but think the salad should have been named differently. Salmon was not overcooked. Side salad was really good and featured home made dressing. I recommend Copper Kettle if you want very good food, especially if you like beef, and have a lot of time to wait for your order to arrive.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stopped at the Copper Kettle for a bite on the way back to Des Moines from Wisconsin. I did some research on trip advisor and was looking forward to trying the Copper Kettle based on the reviews - and we were not let down! Great atmosphere, very vintage vibe, and wonderful homemade food that was fresh and tasty. Our server was also fantastic and friendly. We had the Kimchi pork sandwich and the pulled pork sandwich with slaw. I also had some broccoli cheese soup and it was perfect for the rainy, cold evening we stopped. The restaurant itself is a little off the beaten path, but our Garmin took us right there. It was worth the stop and I will be sure to come here again if I am ever in the region.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We never would have happened upon the Copper Kettle because it's a few blocks north of the main part of downtown Dubuque, but thanks to TripAdvisor we found it and are so glad we did. The old brewery building across the street is a beautiful decaying old piece of history, and inside the Copper Kettle I enjoyed the bar, the roof, the interesting belt-driven ceiling fans, and the rest of the decor. The service was great, the seats were comfortable, the food was top notch. Everything we ordered was done well - tomato soup, fish and chips, Greek salad, and fried pickles and squash appetizer. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys classic food with a twist and very well prepared and presented. They have Stella Artois on tap (which always gets me) and we did also enjoy the Bloody Mary with all the fixins, including bacon!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had a good time here the food was very good, the waiter was very attentive and the atmosphere was nice. Good prices and cheap Potosí beer.