“Great flavors!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dubuque, Iowa
“Great flavors!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We went to the Copper Kettle the other night for dinner and have a delicious time! I had been there before for lunch and it was ok, but this time I was really impressed. We started with an order of Poutan (spelling?) which is fries with melted cheese curds and brown gravy. We also added bacon to it and it really was a great fried treat!

For dinner I had the Marsala chicken, Eric had the pork chop and Jodi had the fish. My chicken was perfectly cooked and had a crispy skin and a great serving of mushrooms with a tasty Marsala sauce on it. Both Eric and Jodi said their meals were equally delicious!

We then ordered a round of desserts - all of which are only $3.95 and big servings. We tried the creme brulee, lemon bar with ice cream, and brownie with ice cream. All of them were delicious and great way to end the meal.

The overall love of the restaurant is great with many retro-modern styling that isn't IKEA cookie-cutter style. We had a great time and enjoyed some great food!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Andrea G

Oak Brook, Illinois
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Slightly off the beaten path, but worth the trip. It is a small, simple restaurant with a pretty, old-fashioned, wooden carved bar. Immaculately clean, outstanding service, excellent food quality and presentation. We were a party of 6. We tried a large variety of entrees and burgers. Even the kid's mac & cheese was homemade, not from a box. All the food was fabulous. Our server was super attentive and friendly. Even the music was good! From the name, I originally thought it might be part of a restaurant chain, but it is not. It is across the street from an old brewery known for their copper brewing kettles. Hip and historic, I will visit this place again and again!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank nabsnjan
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Good food”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Traveling through the area and wanted something that was not a chain restaurant to have dinner. Had the BLT, fish and chips, baked chicken and chicken fingers. Everyones meals were good, not over the top great but we all enjoyed our food. The garlic parmesan cheese fries were very tasty. Would definitely recommend them if you visit the Copper Kettle. Nice friendly service.

• Visited August 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
“food wrong/nice atmosphere”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I visited this place for the third time and my daughter first time and uncle second.

got there drinks were ordered... mine was a kitty cocktail that was very blah... new bartender? not sure... ordered food.. took a little longer then normal. waitress came back and said your food should come soon.. 2x's.. We got 2 orders of food and one was wrong the other was very dry and mine didn't come. the waitress gave me a order of chips and I said I didn't order these so r they extra she said we r giving you those to eat while u wait for your food. So I ate a couple, then finally the waitress came back and said we have burnt your wings 2x would u like anything else or would u like to wait for another order. and did apologize. I said no thanks I don't want anything else. they then gave me a refill on my drink since I was wtg for the others to finish their meal. they then brought me some onion rings which is another thing I didn't order and said we have put down more wings and they will be out. we were waiting for her to come back to give us our ck and that didn't happened. they then said do u want them to go or on a plate.. I said well I guess I will try and eat them... they were way to hot to enjoy and I was ready to leave anyhow. We boxed up our rings and then ate a wing and boxed them up. Got our bill and they didn't even take off the other mess up they did, but they take off my wings... The waitress' were nice, but I wish she would have told me they messed up the first time. I might have ordered something else of told them they didn't need to keep trying. I am not sure if they have a different cook/bartender for lunch, but I hope to have a better experience next time.

• Visited August 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“The most interesting food I've found in Dubuque!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My sister and I meet periodically in Dubuque for lunch, and have tried quite a few different restaurants. Copper Kettle is BY FAR the most interesting option. I enjoyed the salmon entree which was excellent. She had the fish and chips, but the batter was not light (like the waitress said it would be) and was too greasy. Other family members joined us for the meal, and enjoyed really delicious hot sandwiches and crisp fries.
We would definitely return as it is a pleasant, well maintained restaurant, and the food was varied and quite good overall!

• Visited July 2013