“Dubuque = turkey dressing sandwich = Naughty dog”
Review of The Naughty Dog - CLOSED

The Naughty Dog
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Being an old river rat from Dubuque I'll tell you a bit of local lore - turkey dressing sandwiches. They are a Dubuque staple are weddings, funerals, church festivals and family gatherings. Now don't mistake turkey with dressing for this rare treat - there is no turkey in a turkey dressing sandwich, at least not whole, unblended turkey. It is just turkey dressing served on a nice white bun. I know what you are thinking - dressing is mostly bread, a bun is bread, therefore this is bread on bread. Yep, now you've got it!
Well ya gotta try it before you judge it - it's the first thing I have when I come back home. Anywho - the Naughty Dog takes turkey dressing sandwiches to another level, kind of like what lobster Mac and cheese is to Kraft Mac and Cheese. Oh, the N dog only makes up the rare treat sometimes so call ahead, but thy have other equally good food so you won't be disappointed there either.

Dennis Kirkwood

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

A friend of mine told me about this place so I wanted to stop by and see it. The coffee was really good, too often in coffee shops it's just okay.

I just had breakfast but they had all sorts of food, panini, muffins, etc. I did end up getting some cookies, they were delicious!

It has 2 levels, a main floor and a loft. Plenty of places to read a book or spread out papers to study.