We went on a family trip this summer and spent two nights and three days. My children, ages 2 and 3, had so much fun at the waterpark! We split it up and went for an hour or two, two days rather than spending one entire day there. They had a zero entry pool that was great for my little ones, and my husband really enjoyed all the slides. The lifeguards were great about letting my husband take the kids down the slides with him!
We can't wait to go back in a few years when our kids are a bit older - they'll have even more fun when they can explore everything for themselves.
The hotel was nice and clean, and the staff was courteous (not overly friendly at all, but courteous is okay with us). We had great views of the Missisippi River and really we barely left the hotel at all! There is plenty to do within walking distance, including the Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium, Tony Roma's restaurant, and the riverfront walk.
The downsides would be only that there are only two elevators for a pretty large hotel, so waiting for one (we were on the top floor) took a bit of time on Sunday night/Monday morning. Another was that breakfast was not included. We knew ahead of time, though, and just took our own so we wouldn't have to pay for breakfast at the restaurant.
If you can go during the week, I would highly recommend that - the price is sky-high on weekends and it's a lot more busy. We were there Sunday night and Monday night, and paid a very fair price, plus there were not many people to crowd the waterpark on Monday and Tuesday. (Check for openings before reserving a room though; the waterpark is not open during the week in the wintertime!)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Grand Harbor Resort and Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Harbor Resort And Waterpark Hotel Dubuque
- Grand Harbor Hotel And Waterpark
- Grand Harbor Dubuque
- Grand Harbor Resort Dubuque
- Grand Harbor Hotel Dubuque
- Dubuque Grand Harbor
- Grand Harbor Resort And Waterpark Dubuque, Iowa