“beautiful, but small cave. tour guide was just ok.”
Review of Crystal Lake Cave

Crystal Lake Cave
Ranked #10 of 68 things to do in Dubuque
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Went to the cave today. It was really beautiful, but very small. My kids loved it. The tour guide did not have much information for us and didn't know the answer to a lot of our questions. He seemed like he didn't want to be giving the tour. I know they have a limited budget there -- but if you don't have energy and are excited about showing it -- then why would i recommend it????

1  Thank Mickey H

Reviewed May 31, 2009

12 dollars each for an Emo Tour Guide to show you a sink hole the size of a small dining room. We were informed of the size by the staff at the place we were staying at, after we drove off quickly after learning the cost...Seriously 12 dollars for a sink hole cave...pass..Go to Maquoketa Caves! We went to the movies instead, 12 dollars total.

1  Thank loveshandan
Reviewed March 3, 2009

This cave is way smaller than I expected, and the young tour guide was annoying and even was snotty to the other 2 people who were on the tour, I wouldn't bother going back , even my daughter who was 10 at the time was bored

Reviewed October 24, 2008

Enjoyed the cave tour - relatively knowledgeable tour guide - about $12/adult.

Don't wear nice clothes! You may get dirty like I did.

Reviewed September 30, 2008

This cave is pretty cool. It's not as big as some of the caves in Missouri, Tennessee, or Kentucky, but if you're in the area it's worth a visit!

Been to Crystal Lake Cave? Share your experiences!