“I could eat it every single day”

Adobos Mexican Grill
Ranked #25 of 211 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Delicious and fast mexican food - authetntic and made fresh. I chose Adobos over any other mexican restaurant in Dubuque.

1  Thank Shawna C

Reviewed February 1, 2014

But will be interested to see what the remodel and new setup will be like. Work nearby so I visit once or more a week. I have never been much of a fan of mexican food, but have grown to like it after eating at Adobos. Anyone who knows me knows I am a picky eater, so liking mexican food came as a surprise to many of my friends

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have lived in Dubuque for a few years now, and I must say that Adobos offers THE BEST Mexican food in the greater Dubuque area. Adobos provides every dish with a plethora of flavor that is sure to satisfy your palate... even the rice and refried beans that they serve are far better than anywhere else in town. I also love that there are a few dishes served on the hot plate. I am normally not one to bash other restaurants (or other opinions and reviews for that matter), but I noticed a review below that stated that the prices are too high for what you get. I must say that I strongly disagree with that person because I have been to both restaurants many times and I have noticed the prices to be very compatible. However, the QUALITY you get from Adobos far surpasses anything that I have ever had from Los Aztecas. Bar none. I have never noticed a meal to taste "fresh" at Los Aztecas, Salsas, or Fiesta Cancun. Yet from Adobos, I have.

Recommended meals: Pollo Loco, Ranch Rice Bowl (light "lunch sized" meal), and Texas Fajitas

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Try the salmon dish at fried green tomato in dOwntown galena Illinois then try the salmon at this restaurant then ask your self which is better...

1  Thank asianxpress
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This restaurant is well-placed on Main Street in Dubuque, near the Town Clock campus of Northeast Iowa Community College, the Roshek Building, Cottingham and Butler, and several other large businesses. However, the prices are high for what proved to be a very mediocre and meager lunchtime meal; I paid ten dollars for a tiny and overcooked enchilada and tamale with a small amount of beans, and some chips with salsa. For a couple dollars less, Los Aztecas provides almost double the amount of food and cooks it to perfection. While there was nothing really wrong with the Adobos meal, I won't be spending my money there twice.