“Good food - ok service”

Adobos Mexican Grill
Ranked #27 of 210 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The service wasn't great here but the food was reasonable for the price. They usually have good lunch specials too. If you work downtown Dubuque you should try it out.

1  Thank Luv2Travel2004Iowa

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped by on a, February. Saturday night. They were not busy, so we feared the worst,

We ordered a variety of foods (empanadas, burritos. chilli rellenos, fish and regular tacos---wife had an excellent margarita) and all were uniformly excellent.

Prices were cheap, too! A dinner for two (a huge amount of food) and a margarita was $26 plus tip.

I asked the waiter why they weren't busy, and apparently downtown Dubuque is not a hopping evening destination; most of their business is lunch.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank syali
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Since moving to the Tri-State area just over a year ago my wife and I have been lamenting the lack of a good, authentic Mexican restaurant to replace our favorite back in Ohio. I can happily say we have found that replacement at Adobos. Starting with the chips and salsa and moving to the meal it was obvious that everything was prepared fresh and was very good. The rice served with the meal was the best I have ever had at a Mexican restaurant. Jaime (both the chef and our server tonight) clearly took great pride in his work and the food showed it. I would highly recommend many visits to Adobos for anyone looking for authentic, quality Mexican. We certainly plan to do our part.

2  Thank PatRussell
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Refusing to drink the crappy Las Aztecas kool-ade in Dubuque, we've been waiting for a good Mexican restaurant in Dubuque. It has arrived.

2  Thank Danny F
Reviewed April 9, 2012

the chips were alright, the salsa not so much and my lunch was nothing more than ok. I doubt I meet my wife for lunch at Adobos again.

2  Thank J D