“a winner”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

visiting dubuque after being away for 10 years i took my wife here as we are both fans of thai food. she had the shrimp pad thai and i had the shrimp drunken noodles. the pad thai was ok, not great but not bad but my drunken noodles......amazing. service was very fast after they got the table of THIRTY served. i hope this place can hang on given the trivial culinary tastes of dubuquers. this isn't a buffet place or a supper club that serves steaks the size of roasts and you won't hear the waitress say "how are you'se guy'es doing today."

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I love the food at Tantra Thai Bistro and I've had great service each time I visit. I'm a big fan of the spicey basil with fried rice. French Kiss roll is another favorite. I'm happy to have a Thai experience right in Dubuque!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

superb calamari! Avocado rolls were short on avocado and had aspargus in the middle - an unpleasant surprise. Coconut shrimp was a sheer joy, perfectly well done and crisp.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Price was right! Ordered the choice that was "ginger". Could not taste any ginger. Big portion, filled with tasty veggies. Service was slow, but very friendly. Would go again, but order something different..

1  Thank scronk0413
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am glad this place did not exist when we lived in Dubuque, cause we would have gone out too much!
They did a great job with the decor (esp given it is in a strip mall). The service was fast and lovely.
And we the food was definitely good. Now it is not the best thai I ever had, but I was happy to grab a quick thai meal since I dont have access to thai food where I live.
I definitely recomment to try it out.