“Some hits; some strike-outs”
Review of Crust - CLOSED

Crust
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The tomato bisque was excellent. The vegetable minestrone, which you sort of expect to be a highlight at a decent Italian restaurant, tasted more like vegetables in the water you're blanching for freezing. Mixed together, they were OK. There was simply no flavor in the minestrone. Lots of people were ordering enormous salads, but we went traditional and ordered the Italian beef for one of us. Bad move. Dry, flavorless again, and no highlights of peppers or onions, even had to request a side of au jus. The pesto chicken wrap was actually pretty good. Again, some base hits, a couple strike-outs. Nice atmosphere for professional lunches.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

we went to the crust for an office party. I do realize we had people arriving at different times. They put three serves on our party in the private room however, all 3 of the seemed to be new as they did not know the answers to our questions. Which why would any good Manager do that to a large party is beyond me? It took what seemed forever to get a drink, to get our food and our bill. Very disappointed!! I do want to comment the food was pretty good except the first batch of bread balls, they were cold.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Perhaps we came on a bad night. Passing through on our way across the country, saw the good reviews and also saw a lot of people coming in and out of the place. Unfortunately our experience did not meet expectations. Our young waitress may have been new, as she seemed uninformed as to the menu and what options were available. Our salads came late and had the wrong salad dressing. They then immediately brought our entrees before we had time to start the salad. The meatballs were overcooked and the pasta was uninspiring. Perhaps their pizzas are better. I did have a good chocolate gelato. The staff were friendly and the ambiance was nice, but otherwise it was a bit of a disappointment.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This place has a great atmosphere, decor, waitstaff, clever food combinations, good value, and outdoor seating. They start everyone off with a basket of parmesan bread dough bites with warm marinara sauce - AMAZING!!

So they have a build-your-own pasta option and a build-your-own pizza option..... along with other great menu options (appetizers, soups, sandwiches, salads, pizza, pasta).

Their gluten-free pasta is good... marinara sauce fantastic. Sandwiches come with house-made kettle chips - SO good. Salads are LARGE and tasty! They are served on pizza dough - very neat idea. Pizza dough just the way I like it - thinner but still bready and tasty. I would suggest taking the Balsamic Garden Pizza off your menu. I did not care for it much at all - and don't know many people who would - but I appreciated everything else from my experience so much that I still gave 5 stars. There were a few annoying flies buzzing around us too - but that is such a first-world complaint. Flies are everywhere. Lastly, we really liked having Dan as our waiter, very nice guy.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great pizza, great service and trendy atmosphere. Great experience !
We also had a salad that was big enough to share