“Good value for money spent”

Baymont Inn & Suites Dubuque
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Portage
“Good value for money spent”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked a room at Baymont through priceline and got a great price for our 1 night stay. The room was pretty modern with a fairly comfortable bed. It'd be nice if the rooms had a small refrigerator, but oh well. The water pressure in the shower was pretty terrible - it would keep fading in and out every few minutes. The hotel bar was nice - great way to relax and unwind in the evening.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Maquoketa, Iowa, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I enjoyed the room, I slept well and it was quiet. I didn't hear anything from the other guests. We got a good deal on the room, it was very affordable. The bathroom was clean. The only thing I would improve would be to have the breakfast last longer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Iowa
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The room was clean and the staff were very friendly. It's conveniently located around several restaurants and not far from downtown. My big complaint would be the bed. It was very uncomfortable as there was a huge dip in the middle. The hotel was fully booked and the breakfast room was jam packed so we opted out. It smelled good though. For the price it is a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ankeny Iowa
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Kids running up and own hallway. It sounded like a herd of elephants above us. Started again very early in the am !! If I had anywhere to go I would have left after I found 2 bugs in my bed. I think they were ants but I had a hard time going to sleep after that. As far as getting what you pay for I think $100 was way to much for this place. We took it because we waited too long and all others were booked. I don't know how people can write these glowing reviews something fishy I say. For what it's worth my advice is DO NOT STAY HERE !!! Oh I did tell the desk about the bugs and the response was oh noo !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Dubuque hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked this hotel thinking it had a lot of great reviews and the price was right. Lesson learned: You get what you pay for, and since I didn't pay much, we didn't get much.

This hotel was horrible. The staff was rude and swearing when I walked in. The carpet, walls, etc all filthy. No elevator so we had to lug all of our stuff up the stairs - which had the walls, carpet etc been clean... I dont know that this would have bothered me too much.

Got to our "non smoking" room and it smelled horrible of cigarette smoke. Bed skirts were torn, someones pubic hair was in the bathtub and I will absolutely admit to freaking out. Bed - we had two queens, one had blood stains on the sheets so we requested new ones.

The pool area is small, but was clean. - Though beware if you have small children because the hallway where the pool is, is also used to store old furniture.

Would we stay here again? Absolutely not. I regretted not paying a little more and going up the road where we had originally planned.

We couldn't get comfortable, didn't feel as though our belongings were secure or safe... and honestly, had we of been able to get into a different hotel - we would have in a heart beat. Unfortunately there weren't much vacancies. :(

Overall - Book a different hotel, save yourself from the filth! This is more a no-tell motel than a hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.