“acceptable”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
Iowa City, Iowa
“acceptable”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The rooms were a bit small. Barely enough room on the bathroom counter to put our items.Doors slammed while I was trying to sleep and all the walls shook-that was a bit annoying. The room was clean and seemed to be recently painted/updated. Bed was comfortable. We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that. Also there is a bar in the hotel and we were given discount coupons to use but we didn't use them. Bar looked nice though at a glance.They had a popcorn maker in the lobby but I never saw any popcorn available and I walked through several times. The breakfast was average-cereal, bagels, waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit. Amble space to eat. Overall, for the price (which was quite a bit less than others in the area) it was acceptable for a one night stay. Would consider staying here again. My #1 priority is cleanliness and it did pass that test.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank saritaj14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Room was very musty. Must be going through a renovation - there were paint patches on the main wall, like they were repairing it and going to repaint. Toilet paper roll holder fell off after barely touching it. TV didn't have all the channels as promised until they reprogrammed it. However, the staff seemed very accommodating and did fix any issues we had quickly after bringing them up. They seemed a bit concerned on giving us extra towels/pillows, like they've had trouble with them being stolen in the past but they did give them to us. The kids enjoyed the pool. The breakfast was standard but a nice to have. They had a bar on site which was unusual but we didn't get a chance to check it out since we did have our kids along - nice feature though.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Bettendorf, IA
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly enough, but the halls were incredibly hot and humid. I don't think that the halls are air conditioned at all. Granted, we stayed when the temperatures were in the 90s, but we were all sweating by the time we made it from our room to the exit. Also, an elevator would be awesome. My husband had to trek up and down the stairs to get all of our luggage to our rooms. Finally, the internet leaves quite a bit to be desired. When I finally was able to get enough of a signal to get on, I was happy to see that I could pay $3 for faster internet (I work online, so having the internet on a daily basis is a must). I quickly filled out the form and clicked submit, but I lost signal before the document would submit (very slooooow internet). I tried this several times without any success. I suppose you get what you pay for, but we paid over $120 for a King room which isn't "bargain basement", in my opinion....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Dubuque hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Rooms were very clean, beds comfortable, staff helpful and rates reasonable. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dale H
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at your Baymont Inn, 4025 McDonald Drive, Dubuque, Iowa. My room was very clean, quiet, and updated. I also got to check out the new bar/lounge and found it inviting, cozy, and reasonably priced. The bar manager Jessica did an excellent job with service and great conversation. Thank you once again for a wonderful stay. I love this place so much I'm bringing my wife here for vacation! I recommend this Baymont Inn to everyone who travels in the Dubuque area.

Thanks again,

Jeff J

Room Tip: They are very accomodating, so just ask for what you need.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff J
Norman, OK
Reviewed June 5, 2012

For the inexpensive price we paid for our room, I wasn't expecting much - but this was really my favorite hotel stay in quite awhile!! The staff were consistently friendly, efficient, and competent (a combination I rarely find). And the rooms that we and our friends stayed in were *clean*. I'm a picky type of neatnik - and I just loved not finding random hairs in the bathroom or dust in the corners. Our room was noticeably cleaner than many rooms I've stayed in at more expensive hotels.

The continental breakfast was the usual fare, but fresh and well organized, and well staffed. And the free popcorn machine in the lobby was fun too :)

I usually don't like staying in any hotels, because of possibly grumpy staff and questionable levels of cleanliness in the room. But I'll definitely be looking for Baymont the next time I have to stay in a hotel :)

Room Tip: I booked online to get a discount, but I called the clerk at the desk to help make sure my reservati...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Callie B
Green Bay WI
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The room and building were clean, the clerk was friendly. The room had just enough space for two queen beds. Bed was very hard, my back was sore the next day. Rate was very good- less than $60 per night so it was a good place to crash while the family was passing through.

Only real negative was the breakfast that was offered. Biscuits and grave, cereal, or toast/bagels only. Nothing very exciting- if I went again I would skip the free breakfast and stop at McDonalds.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family