“Great Staff and Very Clean Rooms!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Dubuque
New York City, New York
“Great Staff and Very Clean Rooms!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

The staff is very helpful, professional and courteous. The rooms are very clean and we were provided fresh breakfast. The staff greeted us and made sure we had comfortable stay. They even informed us about all the activities in the area as well. I would definitely recommend this place to fellow travelers!!

I will definitely come back when I visit Dubuque again!!

Jay

Room Tip: Be friendly and courteous to expect same in return!! :-)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jay P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

Wall paper pealing off wall and a LOT of water damage stains. Floor was not vacuumed well and had obvious debris. Toilet would not flush and almost overflowed several times. Shower did not drain well. Mold starting to build around tub. There were 4 people staying on this reservation and only 3 towels in the room. When we went to ask for more towels the front desk clerk argued several times and wouldn't give towels. Finally did get more but such a hassle. We understand the need to conserve water and we didn't use all the towels but we just wanted to be sure we had enough in case we needed them. It didn't need to be such a big fight. Witnessed another guest asking for sheets and the clerks said they didn't have any sheets in the building. Really? ALL breakfast food items were blah, watered down, and not appealing. Floor boards in dining area covered in grime. More pealing wall paper. Worn carpet in building so bad that there was holes in it. Overall a very disappointing experience and I can't believe I burned reward points on such a crappy experience. Is this what people get with points? Gross. Won't be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank IowaFlatlander
Des Moines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

My wife and I visited Dubuque for the 4th of July weekend. We had a great time. The staff was friendly and they made sure to greet us in the morning during breakfast time to ask how our stay was going so far. I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

The location is nice being right off of 151, but it is a couple miles away from the downtown.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Reno_Ryan
Janesville, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

from check in it was bad..room wasnt what we thought, wall paper was falling off room seemed to be in need of update no hair accessories best thing was on departure breakfast

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank doodlesome
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

We took 2 rooms for a one night stay at this hotel and I am happy with the room, cleanliness and other amenities. It is very near to the Crystal Cave and the Mines of Spain. The front desk people are very polite. Talk to them if you do not know the place and they will suggest you nice restaurants and other things.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank svemana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

We always take an annunal Fall weekend trip to the Dubuque/Galena area to go to the "Country Fair in the Park" craft fair in Galena, as well as see all the great fall colors. We have always stayed at the Comfort Inn off highway 151 and have a favorite room we always book. This year, the hotel not only was bought out and is now Econolodge, but changed all new management. We were worried that our "standing" room reservation would not be honored but it was with no problems. The new management team really made sure our stay was great and other hotel personnel were quiet friendly too. We didn't think our stay would be better than it has always was in the past, but it was! They have even expanded the items on the free breakfast and always had cookies and popcorn for guests after 5:30 every day which were kept full into the later night time hours. So.....we booked "our" same room again for the same time next year!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lambabies
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Arrived 10PM and asked for King non smoking. Quoted me $89. I asked if they had a better rate. The girl said no. I knew I could stay at the new HILTON Garden Inn for that price and told her. She then came across with $70. That brought the owner/manager out of the back and he assigned the room. The room was OK, but hot. I turned on the AC but only warm air. I called the desk and was told to wait 10 minutes and it would cool down. Being tired I fell asleep immediately, only to wake up at 2:30 sweating profusely. I called the desk and received a very nice "I am sorry, do you want another room". It's AC worked well immediately In the morning I asked the owner for some compensation and he told me I was switched to a better room and forget it. I protested to no avail. I left telling him he could read about himself on TRIPADVISOR. Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across from the Diamond Jo Casino. All you have to do is show a Diamond Jo card to get $89 rate. They are free at the casino.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
heartlandmanagement, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Dubuque, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
It is our intention at Heartland Inn South that each guest enjoy their stay with us. When situations occur, we do our best to rectify them as quickly as possible and make amends for any inconvenience that a guest may experience.