“If your looking for good local family dining, this is it!”

Sunshine Family Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 210 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: American
Description: been here for years, serve breakfast lunch and supper
Description: been here for years, serve breakfast lunch and supper
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This is a great local family restaurant. My extended family (13 of us!) recently visited Dubuque. We were looking for a non-chain restaurant to sample, and we came upon Sunshine. The location has a long tradition of housing fine dining. Our first visit was in the evening for dinner. As we entered, we were greeted enthusiastically by a hostess and the owner. For a group of 13, our wait was very short (especially for a Saturday night). The ambience was warm, friendly, and local- exactly what we were looking for. The menu selection was great. Sandwiches, steaks, soups, salads, and even stir fry's. Very family friendly fair. I selected a chicken stir fry, and I hit the jackpot. It was delicious! The waitress was very good and attentive. The prices were also very reasonable. We decided to comeback for breakfast the next Morning (Sunday). Our wait was a little longer as there were more people, but still reasonable for the traffic. Obviously, they drew a good breakfast crowd. I ordered a ham and egg croissant and hashbrowns. It was again, very delicious. I like my hashbrowns crispy (personal preference), and the hashbrowns were a little under cooked for my taste, but still very good. If you're visiting Dubuque, I highly recommend visiting the Sunshine Family Restaurant (at least once!).

There are newer reviews for Sunshine Family Restaurant

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Went in for breakfast, thought it was line was too long but decided to wait, only took 5 minutes. They know how to turn tables over without feeling rushed. Food was very good for the price. Staff super friendly. Not a real fancy place, just good old fashion home cooking.