“Great homemade pasta”
Review of Vinny Vanucchi's

Vinny Vanucchi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinny Vanucchi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 210 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West 2nd
Transit: Cab Service.
Wisconsin
“Great homemade pasta”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This restaurant is a block from Hotel Julien and a wonderful place for dinner. I enjoyed my Manicotti and my friend liked here Tortellini carbonara. All the dinners come with a nice tossed salad (with fresh veggies & parm) and yummy garlic bread. It was great comfort food and our dining room was architecturally pleasing too. Service was fine.

Visited March 2013

Iowa
“Great place to drop in for lunch”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

All the way into downtown, I kept telling myself, "If I can just get a lovely bowl of garlic pasta, I will be happy." It was one of those 'he wants Italian. I want light' trips, and we had definitely ruled out all the mall places. We were headed for a roasted pizza place on the main street we had seen before. When we arrived, we found it was defunct. However, a Vinny Vanucchi's had opened up over the Busted Lift, one of our favorite bars. We had eaten at VV's in Galena, so we had high hopes.

And, I got my garlic pasta! So warm, so delicious. He got his pizza, and we both went home happy. The waiter was attentive, the crowd small and quiet for our lunch, and we will be back.

• Visited March 2013
Davenport, Iowa
“Worst meal in months”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The basil pasta was flat, with no basil flavor, the sandwich was all bread. The complimentary garlic bread didn't taste of garlic. Service was weak, at best. This is a lovely space, shame the restaurant doesn't do it justice.

• Visited February 2013
IOWA
“great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Nestled in downtown Dubuque - it mirrors the Vinny's in Galena. The bread is amazing! Salad also very good. I usually eat the lasagna - also very good. They have great lunch options as well.

• Visited April 2012
“I liked the pizza!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stumbled upon this place by accident. We were going to go to a place across the street that was reccomended to us (Mason-Dixon). It was loud and more of a bar so we turned around and went back out into the street. Directly across was Vinny Vanucchi's.
It's an attractive old and large building. We were seated immediately in the back where there are some windows. We just had salad and a pizza. The salad was good and there was lots of it, but nothing too special either. I really liked the pizza. It was thin crust with fresh mozzerella, tomatoes and basil. We (my girlfriend and I) really liked it.
I was curious to get back home and read some other reviews about this place and was surprised that it ranked so low.
The bottom line is that I would go there for the pizza again. I live about 100 miles away, so it's not very likely to happen in the near future, but if I have friends going in that direction I will definitely tell them to try the pizza if they are in the mood.
As far as the other reviews complaining about "authentic" Italian food...It's Dubuque, Iowa! What do you expect? Little Italy? Sheesh...

• Visited February 2013