“So glad to have Hot and Spicy in Dubuque.”
Review of Hot & Spicy Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hot & Spicy Grill
Cuisines: Indian
Description: It is very new. News article: http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=292085
Iowa
“So glad to have Hot and Spicy in Dubuque.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I love Indian food and have it any chance I can. The years before we had Hot and Spicy, I would take the occasional Indian cooking class here in Dubuque, make it at home or enjoy it when I was out of town. I come to hot and spicy lunch buffet a couple of times a month. Sometimes it's better than others. I always enjoy my visit with the owner. If you want more spice they have sauces to add. When it's good, it's really good and when it's just average I still leave feeling full and happy. This small business is with supporting.

chicago, il
“Bad experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have heard bad reviews about this restaurant from my Indian friends. Yet I wanted to try it once.

With very low expectation, we went on a Saturday noon for the lunch buffet. I was very happy to see so many dishes and started to wonder why people complained about the food. But when I started to eat, I realized the reason. The biriyani was bland. None of the side dishes were good. The naan was hard. The food was really bad. I didn't expect it to be authentic. At least it should taste good. But it didn't. 3 of us went and none of us liked the food. We don't care much about the ambiance and decor when the food itself doesn't taste good.

If you want to try Indian food, this is not the right place.

• Visited May 2012
Galena,IL
“So good!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I went to Hot and Spicy with family yesterday, despite being tepid about Indian food, especially when it comes from a buffet. My experience in the past with buffet food of this type is that it all tastes the same and the meats tend to be dry. So with pretty low expectations I made my way to the buffet line. WOW!!! The flavors were rich and so good. The chicken in each entree I tried was moist and delicious. My favorite was chicken mehti muhti, a creamy yogurt and tomato based sauce that was perfect with the naan. Try the breads, they are great. Now, I can't wait to go back. This restaurant is a new local gem. The owner was such a gracious host as well.

Punta de Mita, Mexico
“Very good!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We enjoyed the luncheon buffet Sunday after church. The dishes were very flavorful and we tried almost all of them. The nan bread did the trick to sop up the tasty sauces. Our waiter was attentive and very knowledgeable, answering questions and making suggestions. I especially love my fresh mango lassie. It was like drinking dessert. The tandori chicken was very good and I've eaten it in a lot of different places.

Punta de Mita, Mexico
“authentic and very good”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We enjoyed the buffet today! A nice selection of dishes, multiple types of rice, good nan .

Loved the mango drink, good service.