“Good Mexican food in downtown Dubuque”
Review of Salsa's

Salsa's
Ranked #57 of 210 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lawrence, Kansas
“Good Mexican food in downtown Dubuque”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We had intended to lunch at L. May's but when we got there found that it was closed on Mondays. Spotting Salsa's across the street, we decided to give it a try. My husband had chili rellenos and I tried the tortilla soup. Both were great and so was the service. The atmosphere was pretty laid back ... but for a late lunch on a Monday and with just a few other customers, what else would you expect?

• Visited August 2014

Dubuque, Iowa
“Great food quick service”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Best salsa and chips. Food is good-lot's of it for the price and service is quick. We take our kids there and we never have to worry that the food will take forever and the kids will freak out. we order, the kids eat the chips and salsa and with 15 minutes we have our food!

Visited February 2014
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Boring food. Decent margarita.”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling home and tried stop at L.May for dinner based on the TA reviews but we're surprised to find over an hour wait on a random Thursday so swung across the street to hear instead. ... I should have busted out TA after that to find another decent place. It's not the worst Mexican food ever but it's really not impressive.

My co-worker asked if they had table-side guacamole, the server brought out a bowl of already made guac. No biggie.. slight misunderstanding. It was however, so flavorless it was ridiculous. We added a ton of salt to it and wished w e had a line to squirt some more flavor in there.

My shoes nearly got stuck to the bathroom floor.

My fajita meat was so so dry... I kept dumping salsa from the chips onto the meat to moisten it up. The Mexican rice was dry and lacking flavor. The beans were just gross I didn't eat more than a bit.

I'm from a small town in Wisconsin so my Mexican-restaurant expectations aren't high but this fell way short. I'm also not a complainer. This is my only non 4 & 5 star review the whole wk trip! Fortunately, the margarita (frozen, raspberry) was cold and strong. Made the last 3 hours in the car much more enjoyable!

Dubuque, Iowa
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our kids love coming here so we eat here often for dinner. They have a large menu and plenty of choices for all. The experience is always consistent and the food is good so we keep coming back. Decent margaritas. The location on Main Street is nice and near a great coffee shop.

Visited March 2014
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Quite happy with our lunch”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I am often disappointed in Mexican restaurants in Midwest but this was quite good. Many choices on menu, great prices, friendly service, and good food including delicious guacamole.