“Delicious!”

Caroline's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 212 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Delicious food here! I had some chicken, and it was great. I've also, on a different occasion, had eggs Benedict - wow!

HJDMananger, General Manager at Caroline's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear S_Arthur_Johnson,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding dining at Caroline's. It is a pleasure to read of your enjopyment of the food and service. The Eggs Benedict is always a popular selection.

See you soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We came for a late breakfast on Sunday Dec 29. We ordered off the menu, though I asked for pancakes instead of potatoes with my eggs. It took FOREVER to get our food, most of which just wasn't hot at all.

When passing through the restaurant to use the rest rooms, it was clear why. There were probably a dozen tables of eight or nine people, plus the "party area" was full with a shower.

The waiter apologized and gave us a coupon for a free appetizer with our next dinner, but since we live in Chicago, well.... I did appreciate his candor and apology, however.

The food quality is a little better than ok.

HJDMananger, General Manager at Caroline's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear kiemjp,

Thank you for commenting on your recent breakfast at Caroline's Restaurant. Our apology for the length of wait for your food order; we work at only reserving larger dining parties at certain times.

During the holidays, we stagger even greater times between reservations on the larger groups because someone may show up late, or it is often families getting together, so they may tend to linger enjoying their time together.

Breakfast at Caroline's is truly a treat that hundreds of guests enjoy; we are truly sorry that we failed to deliver a terrific experience for you. We have met to discuss the challenges that happened during the holiday season to improve for next year. Hotel Julien and Caroline's is a destination for so many when they are "home for the holidays". Your feedback will be used to strengthen what we do to ensure that this level of service does not repeat itself.

Team Caroline's Restaurant

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent New Year's Eve at the Julien for dinner and dancing. Had a great five course meal with wine, then dancing more snacks and champagne. Great way to bring in 2014.

Dear Pat,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your celebrating New Year's Eve at Hotel Julien Dubuque! There have been many guests sharing positive comments as yours about the full evening of dining, dancing, balloons, and champagne.

Have a safe and enjoyable 2014.

Team Banquet-Hotel Julien Dubuque

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am generally pretty accommodating when it comes to service. Unfortunately, Caroline's was less than adequate. I was promptly seated, but then it seemed that I was forgotten. Several waitpersons saw me sitting there with my bright yellow menu, but no one approached me until I flagged someone down. During breakfast, there was obviously a baby shower in a larger room. Unfortunately, that room could not be closed off, so it was very loud in the dining room. There really should be a separate room for things such as that. Once my order arrived, I was less than impressed with the presentation. It seemed to just be thrown on the plate. The taste was fine, but it just looked rushed. I noticed that several other tables had problems getting someone to take their payments. I charged it to my room, so I could avoid that issue.

HJDMananger, General Manager at Caroline's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear LibraryLynn,

Our apology for the less than stellar experience at Caroline's Restaurant; rest assured your concerns will be addressed to grow and improve what we do.

The larger dining rooms were added during the recent renovation to provide a more semi-private location for the larger groups, and to allow for the smaller dining parties to not be impedded upon. Our apology that this disruption ocurred.

We value each and every diner's comments, as insight is always of great importance from those that we are wanting to provide the best in service.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Caroline provided a friendly staff, clean location, handy parking and reasonable pricing. The menu was not overwhelming and contained the standard offerings I alway seem to order. Service for a Sunday morning was neither slow nor prompt, it was average. The food was very good. Go straight to the back parking lot to enter the restaurant.

Dear augustleroy,

Thank you for sharing of your dining experience at Caroline's. Glad to read of the many points that exceeded your expectations, and of your recognizing the convenience of the parking location.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.