I was amazed that a Holiday Inn Express Suite hotel would provide so much value, as much as the higher end main brand hotels provided by Sheraton, Marriott and Holiday Inn. The hotel was new, well designed, efficient, clean, offered a friendly, knowledgeable staff that provided a cold bottle water at check in or whenever you asked, the rooms were large, well designed using high end materials such as granite bathrooms and showers, high end pillow top mattresses, soft pillows and sheets. My Queen Suite had two flat panel TVs with High Def viewing and premium channels, WiFi and high speed internet. The hotel also offered a great work out area and an indoor pool and spa. The hot and cold breakfast that was included with the room price each morning was convenient and cost effective. The complimentary coffee that was provided 24/7 was fresh, great tasting and convenient. The hotel's concierge service included excellent ideas on places to visit and things to do in the tri-state area. The marketing & sales staff were doing their job by negotiating a long list of top restaurants (multiple cuisines) offering discounts of 10-20% to Holiday Inn Express Suites clients. Hats off to Shawn at the front desk for a job well done. Your recommendation to visit Catfish Charlies Restaurant & Bar for Catfish, Walleye, Steaks & California Wines while overlooking the beautiful Mississippi River served as a perfect ending to a great trip to scenic and historical Dubuque! The hotel is perfect for families, individuals and for business or pleasure. To close, the hotel staff should take a bow!
Doug - Dana Point, California
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dubuque West. Dubuque s newest hotel located in the West End district. Our hotel is just minutes away from Dubuque s downtown featuring major attractions such as The National Mississippi River Museum, The Diamond Jo Casino, Grand River Center, Five Flags Civic Center, Star Brewery, and Dubuque Greyhound Park and Casino (Mystique). If you are traveling to Dubuque to enjoy one of our many fun filled events such as America s River Festival, Catfish Festival, Riverfest, Summerfest, and Dragonboat Festival, you ll find the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dubuque West s convenient location perfect for shopping and dining. While visiting Dubuque, you may want to take a short drive to Galena IL for additional shopping and sight seeing General Grant s Home and other historical sights. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dubuque West is designed for business travelers featuring High Speed Internet, 24 hour business center, large work desks in every room, and meeting room for groups up to 50 people. We welcome guest visiting McKesson, A.Y. McDonald, McGraw Hill, and Quebecor, Eagle Window and Doors, and Kendall Publishing and John Deere. In addition, our proximity to Loras College, University of Dubuque, and Clark College makes us the ideal location during your campus visit.Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dubuque West! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubuque-West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Dubuque-West
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubuque-West Iowa