“The hotspot in Dubuque”
Review of L.May Eatery

L.May Eatery
Ranked #1 of 211 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 10th & Main
Description: A new romantic bistro on the historic 1000 block of Main Street in Dubuque IA. L. May Eatery serves fusion cuisine and pizza in Dubuque, Iowa in a romantic candlelit atmosphere. Enjoy our impeccable service table side or at our full bar. We also have an extensive wine list with anything from a quality glass of pinot to a great special occasion reserve bottle.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

L. May is the place to go for a delicious dinner, great atmosphere, and superb service. Everytime we go it seems to get better and better. Another thing we love about it is the variety of options and prices---making it an easy choice whatever the occasion. Recently we had a particularly good waitress, Mary Kay, who treated us like old friend's right from the getgo and offered the perfect balance of friendliness, food knowledge, and quick service.

We'll be back soon!

1  Thank DBQFoodie

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We arrived and the place was loud and packed. After a slight wait and being brought to a cramped table for 3 I was not impressed. However once service started I gradually was won over by great food, a spectacular, broad and reasonable wine menu and excellent service by Mary Kate who is obviously a veteran. She was the perfect waitstaff. Loved her. For $200 for 3, before tip, one expects everything to be good quality and that is what we got. The tables are cramped, the place is mobbed earlier in the evening but they win you over with quality food and service. Loved it start to finish. I want to stand and applaud.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We're native Dubuque's who no longer live in Iowa and were home for a visit with Dad. It was a delightful surprise. The Osso Buco excellent and the pizza quite good. Service superb. Wine a bit pricey. Pleasant and fun.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

L May has been a favorite restaurant of myself and my husband for years. This past Sunday evening we had a party of 7, including a couple from Houston, TX, a couple from Seattle, WA, and our daughter who now lives in Chicago. We all had a fantastic time. We all had pizzas and everyone was very happy with them and said it was the best pizza they have had in a long time. The GF pizza crusts are the best any of us have ever had. Our waitress, Denise, is always fantastic, she is knowledgeable, friendly and always smiling, and Sunday was no exception, she took extra good care of us. Thanks so much!

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

My family and I dined here while on vacation. It was our last night so we wanted somewhere very nice. The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was great. The food was amazing. I have to say their grilled chicken on cheese bread from their kids menu was wonderful. Both my boys ate every bit of it (they are 5 & 7). It's a pricy place to eat but we knew that going in and it was worth it. I highly recommend this place.

The only thing I was upset by was the fact that none of us had room for dessert. It looked so good and I wanted some but just couldn't.