“Fantastic Food, Great Service, Friendly Staff!”
Review of L.May Eatery

L.May Eatery
Ranked #1 of 210 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 10th & Main
Description: A new romantic bistro on the historic 1000 block of Main Street in Dubuque IA. L. May Eatery serves fusion cuisine and pizza in Dubuque, Iowa in a romantic candlelit atmosphere. Enjoy our impeccable service table side or at our full bar. We also have an extensive wine list with anything from a quality glass of pinot to a great special occasion reserve bottle.
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at L May and had a wonderful experience! Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food was phenomenal, I had the Osso Buco which fell right off the bone, and my wife had the scallops which were perfectly done. Very reasonable price for a great meal and drinks.
The ambiance was great, we sat in the new section right in front of the window and had a great view of downtown Dubuque. I highly recommend this fantastic spot!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was in Dubuque on vacation and went to L.May for my 58th birthday dinner.
The experience began when I was seated.Since I was alone,I got a table in the bar area.
It was a quaint little " nook" right in front of the window looking out onto Main Street.One of my favorite activities is people watching.so this was perfect.
I had a cup of Chicken Vegetable soup and the Osso Bucco. After the first taste of the soup,I knew that I was in for an incredible dining experience.Chris,my server,was friendly,knowledgeable,
and wickedly efficient.The only time that I had to use a knife was when I spread the red pepper butter on my 7-grain bread.The Osso was perfectly cooked,fork tender, and the portion was very generous.
Desserts are made in-house and my Lemon Blueberry cake was off the chart.
I can't say enough about L.May,and in a world where Fine Dining usually means small portions,high prices and pretentious service,it's nice that a place like this does just the opposite. (Note to Chris: I'm the "pizzelle" guy).
Thank you L.May for a very happy birthday dining experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I ate here 7-5-14 and found it charming with excellent service. The Berkshire pork was incredible and we both enjoyed the extensive wine selection.

LMayEatery, Owner at L.May Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

Thanks for bringing your wife for a date at L.May! We appreciate your kind review and hope to see you again soon. Cheers

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our server Chris was helpful, not too intrusive but just attentive enough. Our meals -- smoked salmon appetizer, scallops, bass, topped off with a simple vanilla bean ice cream for dessert were sublime. Great wine list at reasonable prices. No wonder it was doing a great business on a stormy Monday night. Will come back and recommend to friends.

LMayEatery, Owner at L.May Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thanks for visiting us, even on a stormy night! I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal. Please come again soon. Cheers, Lea

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were in Dubuque for our 45th anniversary and ate at L.May's after seeing a christmas concert at the Symphony. Nice ambiance and great food-would go again.

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for your kind review! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal with us and the L.May Ambiance. :) Please come again soon. Cheers, Lea