“Best place to eat in Dubuque! Well worth the wait!”
Review of L.May Eatery

L.May Eatery
Ranked #1 of 210 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 10th & Main
Description: A new romantic bistro on the historic 1000 block of Main Street in Dubuque IA. L. May Eatery serves fusion cuisine and pizza in Dubuque, Iowa in a romantic candlelit atmosphere. Enjoy our impeccable service table side or at our full bar. We also have an extensive wine list with anything from a quality glass of pinot to a great special occasion reserve bottle.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I both had the orange roughy and it was out of this world! We normally don't order fish because we never know how it will turn out but at L.May's it was supurb!

1  Thank KansasClem
LMayEatery, Owner at L.May Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for your kind review and for supporting L.May! Cheers, Lea

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had dinner at Lmay for our 3rd wedding anniversary. We love it there, the food is always great, and the atmopshere is fantastic. I had the sea bass and my husband had pizza, both were wonderful. Chris our server was great!

1  Thank melissadigmann
LMayEatery, Owner at L.May Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us and we hope you will continue to visit us for every anniversary! We appreciate your ongoing support. Cheers, Lea

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great food. Great service (Emerald was our server). Nice ambiance. Will definitely go back if in the city again.

1  Thank Jane S
LMayEatery, Owner at L.May Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your kind review of L.May! We are glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to have you dine with us again soon. Cheers, Lea Droessler

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our food was good, still love the ambiance but the service wasn't as good as prior visits. Felt a bit silly for having raved to my dinner partner about the restaurant, we were left standing in the entry while staff passed us by about seven times. Apparently, the hostess was elsewhere. To her credit, the first person who saw us said someone will be with you in a minute but it took more than a minute and she averted her gaze the next few times she passed. Once seated, it was better. Food was good. They were more than happy to accommodate my companion's requests for sauces and such to be on the side. But, next time I might cave when my companion suggests another option.

I am so sorry that your service was not up to par on this visit. This is definitely an atypical experience, though there is no excuse for it. We hope you will give us another chance to earn your business. Thank you, Lea

Reviewed October 28, 2012

While visiting Dubuque I checked out the online reviews and decided on L.May. I'm glad I found this restaurant. I tried the Osso Buco based on the reviews, and the meat was so tender it fell right off the bone. The waitress, Emerald, was great. Dinner was served with a salad, bread, and a red pepper cheese spread for bread. Saved enough room for dessert. They make some of their own desserts, and bring some additional desserts in from around bakeries around the area. Had the lemon berry cake with mascarpone, and it was light and moist.

1  Thank Aka_Margo

Thank you so much for visiting and for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. Cheers, Lea

Been to L.May Eatery? Share your experiences!