Review of L.May Eatery

L.May Eatery
Ranked #1 of 208 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 10th & Main
Description: A new romantic bistro on the historic 1000 block of Main Street in Dubuque IA. L. May Eatery serves fusion cuisine and pizza in Dubuque, Iowa in a romantic candlelit atmosphere. Enjoy our impeccable service table side or at our full bar. We also have an extensive wine list with anything from a quality glass of pinot to a great special occasion reserve bottle.
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed October 4, 2012

L. May is a favorite of ours for date night or if we have friends visiting from out of town. I love that their menu changes with the seasons, and I can always find something delicious on the menu. They offer gourmet pizzas, delicious and large entrees, a variety of appetizers and desserts, and a full bar (complete with unique cocktails). The service is generally good, but sometimes a little slow. They occasionally have live music- always a plus. We have never had a poor experience at L. May and always leave full!

Dubuque, Iowa, United States
“Good food as always, but slow service”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I ate at L. May before attending a concert this past Thursday. When we sat down they had a few big parties but our wiatress came right over and was very attentive to start with. We ordered drinks, my perosnal favorite the happy birthday martini, but something was different about it this time. I noticed it didnt have any icing around the rim, maybe that changed the flavor a bit. We started with a small pizza. Their pizza is always excellent, thin crust and very tasty. We both ordered filets which were good as well. THey were both cooked perfectly and tasted great. For dessert we had the brownie, which is another on of my favorite. This time it came out cold so it was a little disapoiting. Usually it is warm and you cant stop eating it! My only complaint this time is that service was exceptionaly slow. When going out for a nice meal I do expect to take my time. We had dinner at 5p for a show that started at 8p leaving plenty of time for a nice dinner where we did not need to rush. Our dinner took a little over two hours! Serveal groups walked in after us, were sat, ate and left before we had our entree. I know they were busy but our watiress looked like she had a lot of tables spread out all over the resturnat instead of just in one small section. She was running outside and then back in. She also had a large group to take care of. I know she was busy, but other servers were standing around assisting others maybe she should have asked for help or they should have given some of her tabels to them. She was very nice but I felt like she forgot about us most of the time. And I had concerns when others who came in after us left before us when they had ordered just as much food as we had. Definatly have dinner here! But plan on leaving lots of time to eat.

LMayEatery, Owner at L.May Eatery, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Jennifer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our fellow Trip Advisor followers. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and even happier that you expressed your service concerns. We value each and every review, they truly help us improve, grow and learn what our customers want.
We will look forward to your next visit!
With Gratitude,
Lea Droessler
Coal Valley, Illinois
“cozy and elegant”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

the food was perfectly prepared my wife and i shared an entree and still had food leftover. i was very happy with the price as well as the quality of the food. you definately feel like your getting your dollars worth. the live music was a great touch also. i recommend it if you get the chance

Visited September 2012
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I love L.May! It's rare you find such delicous food and great service with a romantic atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and on our most recent visit, our server Chris made our dining experience very enjoyable. We will definitely eat there again.

STP
“Wonderful food, outstanding service.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a Dubuque hot spot. Be sure to make a reservation, especially on a week end. (They're on Open Table)
Nice variety on the menu, but not enough chioces to be overwhelming. These guys sure know how to cook - the food was remarlable and the service even more so. (Seems to be popular for special occassions - a number of tables were celebrating) Save room for dessert!