Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
A fun ride!

This is a must do. Cost $3.00 round trip. You pay at the top. Once you get to the top, you can see... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Vetskidog
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
via mobile
Fun historical stop

A unique side excursion for our family. It was worth the small amount of money we had to pay to... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
nemoandmish
Oak Lawn, Illinois

1,057 results
All reviews cable car great view fun ride cute shops round trip ride steep hill ring the bell unique experience mississippi river piece of history downtown dubuque afraid of heights quick trip interesting history the tri state area per adult bluff
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

At $3 round trip this isn’t going to break the bank, and the trip is fun even if the equipment is a bit elderly now. The views from the top are stunning with one bridge going to Illinois and another going to Wisconsin across the mighty Mississippi. Give it a try.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

I had seen photos of this little wonder on the internet and marveled at it, trying to figure out how, who, where, and why. I had no thought or intention to ever be on it. Life is full of surprises and I was quite surprised when I was about to visit a friend who moved to Dubuque and had this as a tentative little excursion on our to do list. Of COURSE, I wanted to ride the shortest little railway that was originally built in 1882 by a wealthy businessman to shorten his commute home from work!! It's gone through a few renovations since 1882, most recently in the 70s. Tickets are purchased at the bottom of the hill, $3 for adults and $1.50 for children. First we stopped in for ice cream cones to take with us which made the ride that much more enjoyable. It's just under 300 feet up. The view from the top is beautiful and a walk around the neighborhood up there is lovely, too. People are very friendly. The booth operator runs a tight ship for safety's sake but can come across as a bit overzealous. As for me, I'm calling it a toy train. We loved it!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank MaryannDA
Reviewed July 30, 2018

You go up. You get off. You see the view from both decks. It is very pretty! It's worth the ride. Then you go down. It's $3 round trip. CASH ONLY. It's worth doing.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Stunning views when you reach the top.

The customer service provided is dismal. Myself and 3 other patrons were yelled at by the elevator operator, and scolded for not paying with cash. When I handed my card to pay for our tickets the attendant advised, "We only accept real money." Not wanting to argue about this absolutely ridiculous statement, I handed her cash.

Be prepared when you visit - carry cash for the ticket ($3 per adult) and coins (real money) to pay the parking meter.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

The boys and I enjoyed our little detour to check out the elevator. Neat experience and beautiful views at the top.