“Friend from Kansas City”

Fenelon Place Elevator Co.
Ranked #3 of 70 things to do in Dubuque
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Also known as the Fourth Street Elevator, this funicular railway has been called "the world's steepest, shortest scenic railway."
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I like taking out of town friends on the elevator ride. Can explain the history and the view at the top is unbelievable. My friend, Lynn is 5 years old and really liked the ride.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've lived in Dubuque my entire life and still enjoy riding the Fenelon Place Elevator (or for those Dubuquer's the 4th Street Elevator). It only takes but a few minutes to get from top to bottom (or vice-a-versa). The price is very reasonable and the view at the top is fantastic. The view is so good you can actually see three states (IA, WI, IL) from the top. At the bottom of the elevator there are ample local shops where you can buy anything from candy to clothing. Next time you're in Dubuque take a ride on the world's steepest railway and have some fun.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Took my daughters and wife on this little excursion! What a view from the top! Worth the $3.00 roundtrip price.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We took the time to ride on the Fenelon Place Elevator with some friends and my daughter. I had been on this when I was a child, however, I thought i would take some friends who were visiting from the Des Moines IA area and my daughter. We took a round trip ride. Once up at the top you are able to view the city of Dubuque and the Mississippi River. What a view at the top of the Elevator. We absolutely loved the photos we took of friends and family with the beautiful river and city in the background!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a short and sweet historic ride that is typical of the kinds of things you will find in Dubuque. Definitely worth doing.