“Riding the Elevator Car”

Fenelon Place Elevator Co.
Ranked #3 of 70 things to do in Dubuque
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Also known as the Fourth Street Elevator, this funicular railway has been called "the world's steepest, shortest scenic railway."
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just wanted them to experience this so we did the round trip ride and then headed out to supper before ending our entire trip.

2  Thank Peggy B

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This isn't like going to Adventureland in Des Moines, but it is a once in a lifetime thing for the kids to do when in Dubuque. The ride is short, the views are nice, and its one of a kind experience.

1  Thank MikeandCarrie
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well, you definitely want to experience this. And at $2.00 how can you go wrong. We drove up to the top of the elevator and road it down to the bottom. Shopped a bit around the area and took the elevator back up. It is definitely old and is a little unnerving but is an experience you will not forget. There is a beautiful view of Dubuque from the top.

1  Thank gobadgersWisconsin
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Don't miss this experience. It's a quick experience ride and won't be duplicated anywhere else. Beautiful views of the city and river.

1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had the luck I met in 2011 the Riedl family. In the summer of 2012 I paid them a visit. They took me and my fellow travelers to the elevator. What I loved most was the view over the Missippi river and the industry ground. Hope to go there someday again. I'm from the Netherlands.

1  Thank RudyLinthorst