“Delicious Ribs!”

Bridge Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 210 Restaurants in Dubuque
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bridge has been a staple of the tri-state area since 1961. The menu features a wide selection of steaks, BBQ ribs, chicken & seafood. Entrees include soup & salad bar. The Bridge offers nightly & weekly specials as well as a Sunday breakfast buffet. Reservations accepted but not required.
Dubuque, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Ribs!”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Extremely good ribs! They fall off of the bone and are tender and delicious! definitely recommend this! they also had chicken, steaks, lotsss of seafood, kids menu. I liked it very much

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank dubuquer1234567

Cedar Falls
“Best ribs I've ever had”
Reviewed December 1, 2009

I've had some pretty good pork ribs before, but none of them have been as fall-off-the-bone tender as the ones at The Bridge. I recommend anyone try them. Also, the serving size is very generous.

6 Thank AvsFan96
“DON'T GO THERE!”
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We have been for the Sunday buffet twice and will not return. Food is mediocre at best (tasteless scrambled eggs, goopy gravy, fruit cocktail). Also we were asked at 12:55 if we wanted any more to eat because "he" (cook? owner?) wanted to go to a party. Posted closing time of buffet is 2pm, with notice of no seating after 1pm. We had gotten there around 12:30. After noting this, we were given a half hearted apology and assurance that they weren't trying to kick us out. No discount (even got charged for a 2 year old!), no sincere attempt to fix problem. Advice to restaurant: if you don't want to make people feel kicked out, don't kick them out! DON'T GO TO THIS RESTAURANT. COST IS LOW BUT IT STILL TOO HIGH FOR BLAH FOOD AND RUDE SERVICE.

viewfan2009, Owner at Bridge Restaurant, responded to this review, June 1, 2009
I can assure you we did not close our breakfast buffet early to go to a party. We stop seating the buffet at 1:00, and when the last customer is gone we clean the entire restaurant, set up the salad bar, and open up with the dinner menu. Yes, we sometimes will check to see if the last remaining couple of tables are finished with the buffet so we can start to put things away, but we would never chase them out. Also, if they want more food they just have to say so, and we will leave the buffet up until they are finished.
Illinois
“Nice people but food just so so”
Reviewed February 4, 2009

I went to this restaurant this last weekend mainly because of the good reviews I read on trip adviser. I was going to be in Dubuque for a meeting. The location of the restaurant was great and right on the way.

The people were so nice. I was thinking it might be a family restaurant and they were really attentive. So, the service was great.

The food was just so so. In some of the other reviews it said the food was fresh but what I experienced was not really so.

They had a salad bar and the lettuce was fresh but everything else kind of looked like it came out of a can. The fruit that they had there must have been fruit that came out of a fruit cocktail can and did not look appetizing at all. The Bacon bits were the fake Baco's kind of thing, croutons were from a bag, The grated cheddar cheese it looked like was either frozen or some type of fake velveta cheese, I don' t know. I really wanted to like it because I liked the people.

I had the shrimp for my entree. I had several different types of Shrimp. Scampie and fried. The scampy was really bad. It was shrimp, nice sized shrimp actually, but with the garlic bits from a jar and it had a bad taste. You could tell it was from a jar and maybe not such a fresh jar. That was very dissapointing.

The potatoes were ok, but in a dollop in a seperate little bowl on the plate and I bit something like a chunk of dirt in there, I don't know what it was but it was the first bite.

All in all, I was not impressed. The food was WAY over priced for the quality. I think they wanted to make this into a higher class restaurant with the prices but it was more like a Long John Silvers taste.

This restaurant could be really great if they would just use fresh items instead of canned or jarred. The ambience and the food was more like a cafeteria type feeling and taste but a very expensive for it.

Again, the people there were very nice and I wish I could say that this restaurant was a place I could go back to and that it was a real find, but it was just not that good or fresh.

4 Thank Bonana
viewfan2009, owner at Bridge Restaurant, responded to this review, June 1, 2009
We at The Bridge take a lot of pride in the freshness of our food. The comment made about there being dirt in their potatoes is just not true. It was in fact red skin in their "red-skinned garlic mashed potatoes". A lot of travelers use Tripadvisor as a source to find good places to eat, and we do not want our potential customers to believe every bad thing they read is true.
Dubuque, IA
“Always great, consistent food and service”
Reviewed September 26, 2008

My husband and I go to the Bridge at least once a month. We know we will always get great food all the time, unlike new restaurants that are great at first and then go downhill.

Because we have trouble deciding what to eat, we get combos. Our favorites are the ribs, lemon pepper cod (any fish is good) and stuffed shrimp. Steaks are always good and hashbrowns with onions are a classic. The owners are always there to make sure the customers are receiving the best service.

We also had our rehersal dinner there and everything was perfect!

8 Thank Nicole921