“A great stay”

Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The staff went out of their way to make this Hampton Inn stand out. They were friendly, polite, and responsive, offering us late check out to help us get ready prior to a family wedding. The room was small, but super clean with freshly laundered duvets. The design was genius with lighting above the desk/closet area and a night light built in in the bathroom. Our family really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. It is always great to hear that our guests have great experiences! I take pride in my team, and we make sure our guests are our number one priority! See you next time when travels bring you to Des Moines!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

this hotel is good; being near the des moines airport is a plus for me; the room was clean and quiet; the internet was the only issue in that I had trouble maintaining a good connection for business; there were no issues beyond the internet; the staff was very friendly and accommodating;

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! I apologize that the Internet connection wasn't consistent. If you would like, please give us a call at 515-287-7300, and we can speak further about that. I am happy that everything else went well! We hope to see you again when future travels bring you to Des Moines!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We came to Des Moines for a graduation, quick trip, 4 for three days. Location was good offering easy access to what we needed and downtown. As in most hotels nowadays, lighting in the room was poor. This combined with a lack of curtains (blind only) made it difficult to get ready without flashing the neighbors or hogging the bathroom. Also, if a room is booked for four extra towels should not have to be requested. Hotel was clean and breakfast was hood.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are glad that everything worked out! We are being renovated this fall, so exiting changes and updates are on the way! We hope you will stay with us again when future travels bring you to Des Moines!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The room and hotel lobby was very clean and comfortable. And the hotel folks were extremely nice. They gave me directions for dinner and called my room to ensure the room was up to my expectations. I was running late in the morning for my flight (it was very early!) and I rushed to the lobby and the shuttle driver rushed out and got me there on time.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that everything worked out! Our convenient airport shuttle is a great feature to make our guests' day easier! We hope that you had safe travels, and hope you'll stay with us again when future travels bring you to Des Moines!

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a one night stay for business. My flight arrived into DesMoines late and I reserved a room here because the hotel is convenient to the airport. It was almost midnight when I arrived and I was warmly greeted at the front desk and check in was fast and simple. My good experience ended there...I was directed to the only elevator at the back of the hotel. It appears as if the lobby has been remodeled but it ends there, the corridors and elevator looked very outdated and well worn.

I arrived in my room on the 3rd floor and it was smaller than a NYC hotel room. There was a sofa bed directly next to the bed, I don't know how you could even pull it out if 2 people were in the bed. The large chair is about 16" from the end if the bed which I didn't realize until the middle of the night when I ran into it and bruised my shin. The furniture looked to be newer but the carpet and bathroom finishes appeared to be original, something I would expect to see in a cheap motel. There are no drapes on the window, only 2 inch wood blinds which was a problem because the room overlooked a well lit parking lot and the was so bright even with the blinds shut. The ac was so terribly loud. If I hadn't been so exhausted I would have found a different hotel but I sucked it up and got ready for bed, pulled back the covers and saw a hair in the duvet that they claim "is changed for every guest". I got a tshirt from my suitcase, wrapped it around the pillow so my face didn't touch the sheets and tried to go to sleep. I couldn't wait to leave the next morning. I will not be staying here again and most likely not stay at another Hampton Inn. I will try the doubletree down the road.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize about the difficulties you experienced during your stay with us. Satisfaction is our utmost priority, and I invite you to speak to us personally in regards to your stay. Our number is 515-287-7300, and my name is Nathan, and we hope we can do whatever it takes to make it right on our part. Again, thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Hampton Inn in DesMoines near the Airport is a GREAT place to stay and rest, relax, and get ready for the next day. No place better in Central Iowa. Location and quality are superb, as are the staff and accomodations. A cannot be beat location and facility.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello! Thank you for your input on your stay with us! It is always great to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us, and our staff here at the Hampton Inn, I believe, is without a doubt a hard working, positive group! Mix that in with our location and comfortable rooms, you have a great place to stay! Thank you again for the kind words, and hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The staff is wonderful at this location. Great clean room. Breakfast was great!! This hotel is a great location. With all the interstates and hwys driving is not a problem to get anywhere. I will let everyone know about this wonderful hotel. Will stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy everything worked out, and I appreciate the kind words! Our location is great, whether you're traveling to the airport, or just passing through the city! You can access most everywhere in the Des Moines Metro within 20 minutes or less! Again, thank you for staying with us, and hope to see you again!