“Broken AC on subzero day”

Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was looking for a solid sleep for a short stop over. Instead I had to spend a few hours before I determined that the heater was broken and had to change rooms. With the early departure next morning, this problem cut my sleep to a few hours...not much difference if I stayed at the airport lounge. I was not satisfied.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize the inconvenience you encountered with our heating system. I have shared your input with our maintenance supervisor, and will follow up to make sure the heater in your room has been fixed. I understand how frustrating it is to move rooms late at night, especially when every minute of sleep is important. We hope that you will give us another try when future travels bring you to Des Moines.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel while visiting relatives in the area. The staff is very helpful and attentive. The rooms were very nice, we had the king with a sofa bed. The duvets are replaced between guests so you know the bedding is clean. Overall, just a very nice hotel for the price. The breakfast looked delicious, we just didn't eat because we were there over the holidays and had other breakfast plans.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to give your input about your stay. I am happy that your family enjoyed your stay! My staff strives to make sure that our guests receive the utmost level of comfort when staying with us. Thanks for the kind words, and we hope to see you again when future travels bring you to Des Moines!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at many Hampton Inns for business and one of the things I like about their rooms is that you know where things are located. Bed was comfy and the room was clean. As many have said, the rooms do look a little dated (a fresh coat of paint would help) and I don't understand why the elevators are all the way in the back of the hotel. A plus for the hotel is the proximity to the airport, which is great if you came in on a late flight. Rates are a little pricey though.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give input on your recent stay with us. Thank you for the nice comments. I'd like to let you know that in 2014, we will receive Hilton's "Forever Young Initiative" renovation, so in addition to our recently renovated lobby, the rooms will have a newer, modern look! Again, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again when future travels bring you to Des Moines!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Excellent location and facilities to leave vehicle and catch ride to airport:) We've used the park and fly at this location several years after recommendation from friends. The cost of the room and parking saves money and the pickup from airport is prompt.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Hello! Thank you for taking time to give feedback about your stay with us. I think our park and fly service is very convenient, given that we are right across the street! Also, it's a five minute journey to the airport terminal, so from hotel entrance to airport entrance is basically hassle-free! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for recommending us to friends that also like to utilize the "Park and Fly" package. Have a great day!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have stayed many times and have always had a great experience. Everyone is friendly and kind.. Bobby at the front desk helped us with places to eat and always made sure we had cookies when we came in.. what a great place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello, Ron! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate your kind words, and I will pass along your review to our front desk crew! We strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible during their stay with us! We hope to see you again when future travels bring you to Des Moines! Thanks again!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I love this hotel. It has a great location close to my meetings. Pillows are soft. Bed comfortable. The rooms are always very clean. I wished they had biscuits and gravy for breakfast, but breakfast overall was very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Nathan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to offer the most comfortable rooms! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Des Moines!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Excellent Hampton Inn by the Airport in Des Moines. Location is great for almost anything in the downtown area and the facility and staff are both excellent. The breakfast is great, but there are a number of reallly nice restaurants within close drining distance. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate the kind words. We do our best to provide excellent customer service! I, too, think our location is perfect, being adjacent to the airport, and we're only twenty minutes by car to anywhere in the city. We hope to see you again! Thanks, again!