Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport
  • Restaurant
$99
$88
$81
Days Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
$72
Baymont Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
$109
$179
EmbassySuites.com
$159
Hyatt.com
$164
$169
Des Lux Hotel(Des Moines)
$199
$193
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdes moines airporton demandearly flightshuttle servicerental caran older hotelbusiness travelthe breakfast areafront desk staffhot breakfastfresh fruitconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againbeds were comfortablepopcornproximitydowntown
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stay in Hilton properties usually, and this is one of the better Hampton Inns. Although it is close to the airport and a major road, I have never had any problems with noise. The rooms have always been clean. The breakfast buffet is good.

There are many restraunts nearby. It is a short drive to downtown Des Moines, which is where I am usually going on business. One advantage of staying here is that you don't have to pay the $10-15 per night parking charges that you pay downtown.

Room Tip: I usually stay towards the front of the hotel, and have never had any problems from airport or street noise. Elevators are towards the back, but the stairs are nearby. I like to be away from the elevators and ice machines anyway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Michael W, Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your input on my hotel here on Trip Advisor.com! I always enjoy reading over reviews. I do read over all of these comments and try to respond to everyone. I did read over your notes on our property. Thank you again for your comments! Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or to book your next stay.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed just for a night however in this short time we were quite impressed! Very clean room, nice outdoor pool, and convenient shuttle service to airport.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your input on my hotel here on Trip Advisor.com! I always enjoy reading over reviews. I do read over all of these comments and try to respond to everyone. I did read over your notes on our property. Its always enjoyable to read some comments from any guests who enjoyed their stay. Thank you again for your comments! Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or to book your next stay.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Tired and old, this Hampton left us disappointed.

Outdoor poor was small and, as it was bad weather, not useable. I found it odd that a place that gets a proper winter would have an outdoor pool.

Breakfast was worse than other Hamptons (take a bow, Sheridan WY and Mitchell SD).

Fine if you are using the airport I suppose, which we were not.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your input on my hotel here on Trip Advisor.com! I always enjoy reading over reviews. I do read over all of these comments and try to respond to everyone. I did read over your notes on our property. I want to apologize that you felt out property isn't up to Hampton's standard. Our pool is outdoors, and that is definately a mixed blessing here in Iowa. The property is old; the hotel was built in 1987! We have been doing extensive work to upgrade this hotel. We completed our lobby remodel in May; we installed new HD TV channels in June, and at the end of July we started working on some room updates. I would love for you to give us another try when you come back through the area. Feel free to contact us whenever you are back in the area.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stay in 5 or 6 hotels a month and I hardly ever pick an airport hotel. I was glad I did this time because my car wasn't ready when I arrived so the 24 hour hotel shuttle on demand picked me up at 11:00 PM and took me back to the airport the next morning at 7:30 AM. I stayed two nights ad I always found a close parking space and I felt safe in the hotel. The breakfast was good and service good too. The hotel was clean and employees pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jerseygirlinaz29

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your input on my hotel here on Trip Advisor.com! I always enjoy reading over reviews. I do read over all of these comments and try to respond to everyone. I did read over your notes on our property. Its always nice to hear a comment or 2 about my property and my employees. Thank you again for your comments! Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or to book your next stay.

Michael W.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

When I travel I often stay at Hampton Inns. They are usually clean and well priced. I was disappointed with this Hampton Inn. I thought the room was ok until I checked the bathroom. The floor didn't seem clean and there were a few hairballs on the floor. Kind of an icky feeling. We did stay as it was getting late and was only for one night. The breakfast was missing a few items, such as cups for juice, etc. and syrup for waffles, also wasn't super tidy. I probably wouldn't stay here again and will check out future stays at Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ll63
Michael W, Manager at Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in Des Moines and we are very sorry that you ran into problems during your stay. We have fixed the issues regarding our breakfast items and have addressed the other issues in your bathroom with our housekeepers. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities and we thank you for bringing those isolated incidents to our attention. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.
Michael - AGM