“Quiet, convenient, nice!”

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Jennifer Cobb
“Quiet, convenient, nice!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The indoor pool, hot tub and atrium are beautiful! Right across from the airport yet I never heard a plane. Large parking lot. Nice, modern rooms. Microwave, plenty of towels, fridge and very comfortable beds. Clean. Only 5 miles from hot spots downtown.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Denver
Reviewed June 13, 2014

VERY close to the airport. I really like the room mainly because of the microwave and the frig in the room. The hotel is a little dated (some bubbling or signs of moisture in the corner of the room near the carpet) but it does seem that they try to keep it up for the most part. The beds weren't that comfortable to me which was disappointing. You will definitely smell chlorine when you walk in the door. There is an indoor pool in the middle indoor courtyard. I brought my bathing suit but not getting in. It's not because the pool was dirty but there a quite a few rooms that have a clear view (low to high) of you in the pool. Uhhh.... no. Lol. The work out room was really nice. 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, weight machine and free hand weights, medicine balls, mats, workout balls... I had a nice workout. At the computer in the lobby, I had to print out one sheet of paper. The lady at the front desk told me not to worry about the cost and gave me my printout for free... which was nice. For the eats... I did like the grill. It was nice to get things cooked to order and the taste wasn't bad at all. You got lots of food for the price. I had scrambled eggs, croissant, turkey sausage, fried potatoes. Pretty good. All in all, not too bad of a place to stay...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great airport location. Did not hear any planes and slept like a baby!!! Property in midst of renovation but you can tell that they work hard to keep this older property clean and refreshed. Love location and will stay again

Room Tip: Great Stay. Older property but management is in process of renovation to keep up maintenance.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was ok in general. Ok rooms except for the part that indie see to get to ones action of the rooms we had to come down a few steps - which is on walking but when you have a few bags with you, then it is tricky.

They have a nice courtyard where the restaurant was located.

Nice tv that swivels, small desk but doable for the space.

Anyway, I didn't see any other places to eat within the vicinity. I believe the shuttle can take you 2 miles away from the hotel but downtown was 3 to 5 miles?!? Confused.

The bar was closed for renovations and couldn't see the pool.

Maybe next time I'll have more time

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 26, 2014

For the price, this hotel is pretty average. Room was clean. Pretty normal Holiday Inn. I had no issues, and would recommend this hotel. I only spent one night there but parking was easy and no issues there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Fleur6111, Owner at Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to post your review of the Holiday Inn Airport - Conference Center, feedback is always helpful. I will let our team know you appreciated the cleanliness, easy parking, and that you would recommend our hotel to others!

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you when in Des Moines, ask for Lowell!
St. George, Utah
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is an older hotel, that still seems to be doing things right. The receptionist was friendly and informative. The restaurant was cafeteria style, with a selection of sandwiches and sweets, the hospitality was plentiful and pleasant. They were careful enough to put me towards the back of the hotel away from the families with kids. As a business traveler, I would not want to hear the kids running up-n-down the halls and I didn't. Their is a central pool & the rooms encircle it, allowing parents to relax from their balconies while being able to monitor their children and teenagers. Although this was business for me, the hotel was very family friendly. The only minor complaint I had was the bathrooms were very small. As a big-guy - this was not very accomodating. There is also construction going on, as they are expanding their meeting rooms, but they are keeping that area fenced off and their was no construction or construction noise on the weekend I was there.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool for families, rooms towards the back for a quiet business trip.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bestsales123
Fleur6111, Owner at Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you so very much for your comments on your stay here at the Holiday Inn -Airport Conference Center! You are absolutely correct that we are expanding our Conference Center with a new Exhibition Hall of over 12,000 sq. feet, and look forward to the construction being complete late this spring. Thanks again for your kind comments and our entire staff hopes to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Marshalltown
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I spent one night here as an overnight stop before an early morning flight out of Des Moines. The hotel was clean, but the lobby needs a face lift. It's not a very inspiring place to walk into. However, it is very convenient to the airport--right across the street. The lounge was closed for remodel and the hotel restaurant was more like a self-serve deli than a restaurant. I decided to eat out, so can't comment on the quality of the food. Tables to dine at were set out around the balcony area of the pool. My room was clean. A standard 2 queen bed that included a desk/dresser combo, refrigerator, microwave and large flat screen tv. The bed was fairly comfortable but the sheets felt old and tired--not crisp and clean. Bathroom was clean, but again the towels need to be replaced--old and tired again!
This hotel served my needs, but would probably look elsewhere if I need to spend the night in Des Moines in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank krileyadams
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear krileyadams,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guest and we are pleased to know your needs are met during your stay. However, we regret that your stay was not as comfortable as it can be due to the issues with our facilities. Rest assured that we take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Karen C