Very nice hotel, I stay at this hotel chain as often as I can and I'm never disappointed. The staff personalities vary but it's expected, we don't live in a perfect world. My main concern is always a clean comfortable bed and clean bathroom, and safety, of course. The one thing that would be appreciated is outlet access at the nightstand table. I've come in very late at night at times with low batteries on my iPad and cell phone would like to use them while in bed. This would be a big plus. The hotel was being remodeled and there are signs posted apologizing for any mess or noise. I appreciate their efforts as it is not easy to remodel and be occupied at the same time. Non of that interfered with my very much needed sleep. Shuttle picked me up at the airport at 3:30am after my five hour flight delay :D( Hotel is conveniently located across the street from the hotel, I think I waited five minutes. Very nice shuttle driver :D)
Before leaving in the afternoon to meet up with friends in Council Bluffs I had a bowl of soup in their very nice coffee shop where I also picked up some snacks.....3 hour drive ahead. The soup was very tasty and as I ate I noted they had a pleasant eating area next to the indoor pool. Also noted some rooms had a balcony facing the enclosed pool and eating area.
FYI: Do Not speed in Iowa, there are about 4-5 different speed limits, depending where you are driving. In Spencer I got stopped for driving, according to the officer, 30mph in a 20mph zone, I'm sure I was going 25mph. I did not get a ticket. But as I drove away I noted a block from where I was stopped the speed changed to 35mph. Very nice people though, just keep an eye at the speed limit signs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Des Moines Airport Holiday Inn & Conference Center, Iowa places you minutes from area attractions including Des Moines International Airport with 24 hour free shuttle, Blank Park Zoo, Science Center of Iowa/IMAX theatre, Iowa State Fairground Varied Industries, Wells Fargo Arena, Hy-Vee Hall, Knoxville Raceway, Cownie Soccer Complex, Adventureland, Gray s Lake, and Prairie Meadows Casino. Our hotel is also convenient to businesses such as Wells Fargo, Allied Insurance, as well as area colleges such as Drake University, Des Moines University, Grandview College, DMACC, and Simpson College. If shopping is what you are looking for be sure to visit Jordan Creek Town Center & Mall, Valley West Mall, Southridge Mall, and historic Valley Junction Our hotel has over 200 beautifully decorated guestrooms, each with free wireless Internet, many with high-speed hard wired Internet as well. Many guestrooms come with microwave/refrigerator units, and our hotel has more than 20,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space with ample free parking for groups of 10-500. For your enjoyment we have an indoor pool, whirlpool, video game room, and ping pong in our tropical courtyard. Stop by our Grill restaurant, offering breakfast anytime, hot & cold sandwiches, along with steaks and seafood dinner entrees. Unwind in our bar and catch your favorite sporting event on our huge 68 big screen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - Airport Hotel Des Moines
- Holiday Inn Des Moines
- Des Moines Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center Des Moines, Iowa