“# 1 in Customer Service !!!!”

Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Milford, MI
“# 1 in Customer Service !!!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Have stayed here before and will do so again! The staff, (especially Janice) went out of their way to accommodate us, our family and the special needs that we requested. Clean, friendly, and customer service orientated. Great Hosts for IOWA GAS. Proof positive that newer isn't always better. :)

Room Tip: Call ahead and speak directly with the staff.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank VikiMilford_MI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had traveled over 6 hours on a mission to bring a retired aid dog back to the Chicago area. It was a rather stressful trip, especially picking up a dog we did not know very well and did not know what to expect. The reservations were great, we had adjoining rooms even though I had forgot to request them. The front desk staff was attentive and efficient, even though they had a large convention going on and several people wanting her attention. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and quiet. Thought the airport location might add to noise, but never heard a thing. Had a great night sleep and made the trip home much easier the next day. Check out was as smooth and efficent as the check in. Definitely will stay here next time I am in the area. Breakfast is better than most hotels where it is fend for yourself. Food was hot, coffee fresh, and severs courteous.

Room Tip: You might want to ask a for a room away from the pool unless you plan to use it alot.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ALBUQUERQUE
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Only stayed one night in route to the Twin Cities but it was very nice. We had a big room and my daughter loved the pool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
skisnowing
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I'm surprised by some of the negative reviews on here. The hotel is older, yes, and your review will likely be determined by which room you get. I stayed at this hotel for awhile all while doing business at the airport. I've also stayed at a lot of holiday inns (3 year platinum member) and it's true, this isn't the best holiday inn nor is it the worst like some of the reviewers claim it is.

Room selection.. Is KEY. I found that the best rooms on the property were the rooms that provided a view of the pool area. I liked the balcony (although a shared balcony.. Not very private) because I enjoyed listening to the waterfall by the pool before I went to bed. One time I got a room that faced a brick wall.. Asked for a different room and was promptly switched. Platinum members.. They do have suites but I was never upgraded to them so I can't speak of them.. Supposedly they are pretty nice.
The 'pool view' isn't for everyone though.. It's pretty loud Friday and Saturday nights with the kids using it.. But the pool closes at 10pm and the noise usually subsided shortly after. Only thing i didnt like about the pool view rooms was the fact that sunlight didnt enter into your room (pool is indoors and covered in holidome fashion).. Rooms had microwaves and fridges.. Some even had a small kitchenette counter with a sink.

STAFF.. Front desk was hit or miss.. In my experience more were friendly than were not. The shuttle drivers are pretty cool. Dick, the shuttle driver at nights is a really cool guy and has great recommendations regarding local food. Shuttle took me to a close grocery store many times on my stay.

OTHER: the hotel's food options were good.. Although they seemed even more overpriced than usual hotel cuisine. I heard the guy who makes the omelets in the morning has been doing it for 20 years--so you know they have to be good, which they were. Internet was complimentary and fairly speedy.. I was able to stream Netflix movies with only limited buffering.

All and all good stays and if I was staying close to the airport I would have no hesitation staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank skisnowing
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Recently renovated with Holiday Inn's new logo and whatnot, but still showing signs of age. For instance, the lobby is very clean and fresh-looking, but the pool area/center court is outdated with old lighting, green faux-grass carpet and a weird sunroof/canopy thing that is stained and torn so that it doesn't close all the way.

Most rooms open into this pool area and do not have outside windows, which is a bit odd, and lets people walk by your room all the time. Our room's bathroom was small and full of scum/mold around the shower and on the ceiling. The door also squeaked very loudly. Beds were fine, just old.

Breakfast was fine since we somehow ended up with two $9 coupons, but otherwise $18.66 for two Denny's-style breakfasts wouldn't have been worth it really.

Room Tip: don't pick "inside window"
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Has nice indoor pool and hot tub for everyone to enjoy and plenty of open space for children to burn off energy. Game room and fitness center a plus. Friendly staff. Lots of pool side rooms. We were right next to the pool and I was worried if it might be too noisy to sleep, but we didn't have any problems. There is a combination restaurant/ gift shop/ convenience store that meet our needs well. Great atmosphere! Would stay again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Angel4528
Fleur6111, Manager at Holiday Inn - Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind comments. It was the pleasure of our entire staff to host your recent stay and we were thrilled to hear how much your family enjoyed our indoor swimming pool and whirlpool. Hope to see you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 14, 2010

One of the worst hotels I have stayed at in a while. Most of the front desk staff and the majority of the restraunt staff are rude and unfriendly. They called my room at 10:30pm (waking me up) accusing me, a non smoker, of smoking in the room. I also found a used towel in the bathroom and the little shampoo bottle was half full. They treat you like everything you ask for is a big deal and like they are doing you a favor. I also became sick from the food in their kitchen. I am never staying in this hotel again

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank nonrev4life
Our staff apologizes for your experience. Our hotel consistently ranks very high is staff courtesy and guest satisfaction, and hopes to exceed your expectations during your next stay.